Traveling Question

Vinny

Hi All,

I am wondering if anyone can answer this question for me. My Wife and I are planning a trip to Mexico by Flight. She is still holding China Passport and Green Card. So when I am booking flight for her do I use same method as I do when booking a flight to China? Because on Chinese Passport she still use her Maiden Name but on Green card it's the Married Name.

Thanks,

Vinny and Qing

Same method, air lines tend to match up ticket with international travel ID (Passport) and have problems boarding if they don't match.

Here is what I get from US Consulate Matamoros MX

Tourist Travel: U.S. citizens do not require a visa or a tourist card for tourist stays of 72 hours or less within "the border zone," defined as an area between 20 to 30 kilometers of the border with the U.S., depending on the location. U.S. citizens traveling as tourists beyond the border zone or entering Mexico by air must pay a fee to obtain a tourist card, also known as an FM-T, available from Mexican consulates, Mexican border crossing points, Mexican tourism offices, airports within the border zone, and most airlines serving Mexico. The fee for the tourist card is generally included in the price of a plane ticket for travelers arriving by air. Please note that travelers not in possession of their FM-T card at the point of exit from Mexico may face a fine from Mexican Immigration (INM).

http://matamoros.usconsulate.gov/service/information-on-mexico/entry-requirements-for-mexico.html

As well as this: http://www.immihelp.com/visas/visawaiver.html

Green-card should be present upon arrival.

Ok so US Citizens and Green Card holders do not need a Visa to enter Mexico. So do I still book a flight using the Chinese Passport name, her maiden name or Book flight using Green Card name? We do need to show both China Passport and Green Card. What you think?

Thanks,

Vinny

The airline is what causes the problem, they do use the passport as ID, however they might not use the green-card for international flights, safest thing to do is use passport name for air tickets.

My wife was the same way, for international travel we used passport names, and when traveling domestic we tended to use green-card name. No longer is it a problem, my wife is a US Citizen and has a US passport with married name in it.