Was wondering. If I go online and fill out the DS-261 to become the 'agent' for my wife's daughter, and I go through the entire process and "SIGN AND SUBMIT", will it be OK that I do this? Or will it show it was done on a computer here in America and her daughter is in China. It says on the instructions as I was filling out the 261.....

By clicking “Sign and Submit Form” you are electronically signing the form. You are required to electronically sign your form yourself, unless otherwise exempt by regulation, even if the form has been prepared by someone other than yourself. Your electronic signature certifies that you have read and understood the questions on this form and that your answers are true and correct to the best of your knowledge and belief. The submission of a form containing any false or misleading statements may result in the permanent refusal of a visa or the denial of entry into the United States. All declarations made in this form are unsworn declarations made under penalty of perjury (28 U.S.C. 1746).

Just want to make sure. We don't want 'premanent refusal of a visa'.

Also, since the case is at NVC now, do we have to fill out the DS-260?

Thanks!!

Was wondering. If I go online and fill out the DS-261 to become the 'agent' for my wife's daughter, and I go through the entire process and "SIGN AND SUBMIT", will it be OK that I do this? Or will it show it was done on a computer here in America and her daughter is in China. It says on the instructions as I was filling out the 261.....

By clicking “Sign and Submit Form” you are electronically signing the form. You are required to electronically sign your form yourself, unless otherwise exempt by regulation, even if the form has been prepared by someone other than yourself. Your electronic signature certifies that you have read and understood the questions on this form and that your answers are true and correct to the best of your knowledge and belief. The submission of a form containing any false or misleading statements may result in the permanent refusal of a visa or the denial of entry into the United States. All declarations made in this form are unsworn declarations made under penalty of perjury (28 U.S.C. 1746).

Just want to make sure. We don't want 'premanent refusal of a visa'.

Also, since the case is at NVC now, do we have to fill out the DS-260?

Thanks!!

Best to follow the directions.

The DS-260 is the Immigrant Visa Application, submitted to the consulate. The Consulate will not be able to accept it until they have received and processed her file. You'll be notified at that time.

Not sure if you have done so, but as soon as you know the GUZ case number you can send an email to NVCElectronic@state.gov and OPTIN to the faster electronic process for NVC to Guangzhou.

What Must I Do Now to Join the Program?

You must send an e-mail to NVCElectronic@state.gov.

When composing the e-mail you must:

1. Enter the code “OPTIN” followed by your NVC Case Number in the Subject line of the e-mail.
    Example: OPTIN XXX2009123123 (where XXX is the petition number prefix - processing consulate 3 digit code).
  2. Refer to only ONE CASE per e-mail message.
  3. Include in the body of the message:
  • For any petition: all e-mail addresses which will receive electronic correspondence.
  • For family-based petitions: the applicant's full name, e-mail address, and date of birth; the petitioner's full name, e-mail address and date of birth; and the name, e-mail address, and postal address of the attorney of record if applicable.
  • For employment-based petitions: the name and address of the sponsoring employer.

If you have questions, please contact the NVC by e-mail at NVCElectronic@state.gov.

MORE: http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_5163.html

In your case you will be submitting the DS-260 on line to NVC where they are processing the case and taking Visa and I-864 fees.

Not sure if you have done so, but as soon as you know the GUZ case number you can send an email to NVCElectronic@state.gov and OPTIN to the faster electronic process for NVC to Guangzhou.

1. Enter the code “OPTIN” followed by your NVC Case Number in the Subject line of the e-mail.

Example: OPTIN XXX2009123123 (where XXX is the petition number prefix - processing consulate 3 digit code).

• For any petition: all e-mail addresses which will receive electronic correspondence.
  • For family-based petitions: the applicant's full name, e-mail address, and date of birth; the petitioner's full name, e-mail address and date of birth; and the name, e-mail address, and postal address of the attorney of record if applicable.
  • For employment-based petitions: the name and address of the sponsoring employer.

If you have questions, please contact the NVC by e-mail at NVCElectronic@state.gov.

In your case you will be submitting the DS-260 on line to NVC where they are processing the case and taking Visa and I-864 fees.

So how long before we would get the GUZ case number? Or is that the one that NVC sent us that starts with an LND*******.

Thanks!!

So how long before we would get the GUZ case number? Or is that the one that NVC sent us that starts with an LND*******.

Thanks!!

OOPS! YOU NEED TO GET THAT FIXED - like NOW!

LND is your case number - it means it's going to London.If I'm not mistaken, London doesn't support electronic processing - you won't be able to "OPT-IN" until you get that straightened out.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Yep, sounds like they believe your step daughter will interview in London for the IR-2 visa. No optin for that embassy, will be doing this the normal style by sending documents to NVC when they request them.

"OOPS! YOU NEED TO GET THAT FIXED - like NOW!

LND is your case number - it means it's going to London.If I'm not mistaken, London doesn't support electronic processing - you won't be able to "OPT-IN" until you get that straightened out."

I can't see how they would think she's trying to get an IR-2 visa? Her mother is the one that is the applicant and only a GC holder. Her daughter was in London studying which is where she was when we went through the whole K2 fiasco with the attorney screwing that all up. So I had only guessed that they sent it to her there even though we put an address in China for her residence, as that's what it is now. She's living in China. So how do we go about getting this changed to GUZ??

"OOPS! YOU NEED TO GET THAT FIXED - like NOW!

LND is your case number - it means it's going to London.If I'm not mistaken, London doesn't support electronic processing - you won't be able to "OPT-IN" until you get that straightened out."

I can't see how they would think she's trying to get an IR-2 visa? Her mother is the one that is the applicant and only a GC holder. Her daughter was in London studying which is where she was when we went through the whole K2 fiasco with the attorney screwing that all up. So I had only guessed that they sent it to her there even though we put an address in China for her residence, as that's what it is now. She's living in China. So how do we go about getting this changed to GUZ??

Your wife (the girl's mother) is the petitioner. The daughter will be the APPLICANT for her visa - which WILL BE an IR-2. They think she's trying for an IR-2 because her mother filed the I-130 for one.

"AS THAT'S WHAT IT IS NOW" ??!? What did you put as her her current address on the I-130 petition?

In any event, you need to contact NVC and make sure the file goes to Guangzhou rather than London - I'm assuming she wants to interview in Guangzhou?

Contact information -

NVC Contact Information

"AS THAT'S WHAT IT IS NOW" ??!? What did you put as her her current address on the I-130 petition?"

We put the families address in China, as that's where she's living now and that's what her permanent address is, in China.

But they must just be quessing she's wanting the IR-2? Because we never told them we wanted that. Nor is my wife a citizen of the USA. As I understand the IR-2, it's for the children of a US citizen. My wife is not a US citizen.

Thanks for the info. I'll give NVC a call and see if I can get this straightened out.

The I-130 is a petition for an Immediate Relative your step daughter is your wife's immediate relative which in this case is her daughter, other people considered immediate relatives are Mother, Father, Son, Daughter, Sister or Brother, Husband or Wife, Step-Son, Step-Daughter.

We think of it as IR-2 however technically the visa code probably will be F-22, in any case she will be interviewing for an immigrant green-card visa.