Interview checklist

My fiancee has her K1 interview in GZ China on March 10th. I am putting together a checklist if items for us to get togeether. What am I forgetting??

Fiancee

-passport

-Birth certificate

-Visa photos

-Divorce decree

-single certificate

Me

-divorce decree

-Birth certificate

-letter of intent

-134-with supporting evidience

Forms

-GIV-24

-DS-156--2-not signed

-Ds-156-k-2 not signed

ds- 157 ? General

-proof of relationship

-air travle recipts

-hotel reciepts

-emails

-copy of passport timestamped

Fee payment reciepys

Med exam and related forms

What else?? I know i am forgetting something!?!

My fiancee has her K1 interview in GZ China on March 10th. I am putting together a checklist if items for us to get togeether. What am I forgetting??

Fiancee

-passport

-Birth certificate

-Visa photos

-Divorce decree

-single certificate

Me

-divorce decree

-Birth certificate

-letter of intent

-134-with supporting evidience

Forms

-GIV-24

-DS-156--2-not signed

-Ds-156-k-2 not signed

ds- 157 ?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       General

-proof of relationship

-air travle recipts

-hotel reciepts

-emails

-copy of passport timestamped

Fee payment reciepys

Med exam and related forms

What else?? I know i am forgetting something!?!

I don't see the police certificate on the list (her).

Make sure she has her Chinese identity card with her. She need it to claim her passport, assuming she gets her visa. Also, make sure she signs her passport (last page, I think).

The medical facility where Jingwen had her physical actually assembled all the documents and placed them is a sealed envelope for her to take to the interview. I don't know if this has become common practice, but it certaintly helped order everything.

I can't remember all the P4 forms. Just make sure you've got them fully completed, including the appropriate "none" or "n/a".

http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzho...u/iv/kvfaq.html

What documents should I bring to the visa interview?

The applicant should bring the following original documents:

Forms in the appointment packet

Chinese passport

Application fee receipt

Four visa photos attached to forms DS-156

Notarial birth certificate

Notarial marital status certificate. If divorced before, previous divorce certificates for each marriage are required. If any child from previous marriage will also apply for visa, a divorce decree showing the child's custody is needed.

Notarial police certificates are required from each visa applicant aged 16 or over issued by his/her local municipal notary office where he/she has resided for at least six months since attaining the age of sixteen. Police certificates are also required from all other countries where the applicant has resided for at least one year.

Medical report

Affidavit of Support - I-134 and a copy of the most recent year tax returns from the petitioner.

Relationship evidence, such as correspondence and photos taken together to prove the claimed relationship to the petitioner

Translations: Police certificates from other countries not in English, or in the official language of the country must be accompanied by certified English translations. Translations must be certified by a competent translator and sworn to before a notary public.

Right-police certificate--we got that last time I was in China. It is my understanding that it is now policy that they put all documents in a sealed envelope ay the med exam. do you know about the 157 forms?? I think i read they are only for males??

Thanks

I think Jingwen completed the ds-157. When in doubt, complete it.

Trigg

if you are just filing your 129 I suggest you send original documents I know they say its ok to send copies but here is the catch. If you get somebody who is picky during the 129 process they could ask you to submit originals and tie you up another 30 + days sooo for the few bucks extra you decide. But do not let them shoot you down for want of a piece of paper..

Mike