Hello, I am helping a good friend do his paper work to bring his new wife and her children to the US.. We got everything ready to send off to Chicago. I have one question. How much money should we have to send for the first round of paperwork. My math says $ 840, but for some reason my mind has $1120-1125 stuck in it.

He is going the CR1/IR1 route. He is filing two I-130 (one for him and one for his wife) and four G-325A. ( one for himself, his wife, wife's older daughter, and one for his wife's younger daughter). Older daughter is turning 18 at the end of this month.

So am I correct? $ 840 dollars? Just want to make sure I am correct. Thank You for your help. Danb

Is younger his biological daughter and a US Citizen born abroad?

If youngest child is not his biological daughter and US Citizen then he is filing THREE petitions, each needs to be able stand separate,and should be bound separate, do not share any relationship evidence, for example each will need a photo copy of marriage cert. All three petitions should be mailed together in same envelope.

Only two G-325A forms needed for the spouse petition, not for the step-children.

Guide for spouse petition: http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

Guide for step child petitions: http://www.visajourney.com/content/childpet

Fees: $420 each petition, so $1260 for Three petitions or $840 for two petitions in the case where the youngest is his biological daughter.

Ok, thank you for the replies. I read them on a smart phone at a KFC about an hour ago. Panic set in. I was /am thinking that I got something backwards. I came home and checked the forms that we did. I got it all wrong. I really apologized for the mix up.

He is filing: 3 (ea) I-130. Petition for Alien Relative. Wife, 1 st Daughter ( 17.9 yo), 2nd daughter (14.9 yo) ,

He is sending in: 2 (ea) G-325 Biographical Information sheet. One for himself and one for his wife.

So he should be sending in ($420 X 3) $1260 for the I-130's.

The daughters are not his. The daughters are his wife's from a previous marriage. The daughters are both under 18 years old. Now I am not sure what should be done. I think I got the money figure correct. ($1260) But what about the G325a. I thought I was suppose do 2 each, One for the husband and the other for wife. But now I am not sure if we need to do something more ? Does each person( all four of them need a G-325a for this first stage of the process? At the moment I am going around in circles. I hope I have this right but.... Danb

I am confused. Danb

I want to add. I am looking at the two links given above. The first one I have seen several times.

The second link I am looking at now. i have seen this once or twice but I was only checking it for the age for the oldest daughter. I am really not sure what sub part I should be looking at. Which one pertains to this case.? I will try to keep reading it until the light comes on. Hopefully.

Edited by danb (see edit history)

OKAY Okay I reread your advise again. It may be sinking in. ::

"Only two G-325A forms needed for the spouse petition, not for the step-children.

Guide for spouse petition: http://www.visajourn...tent/i130guide1

Guide for step child petitions: http://www.visajourn...ontent/childpet

Fees: $420 each petition, so $1260 for Three petitions or $840 for two petitions in the case where the youngest is his biological daughter.""

So I am following the advice given. I made the pertinent info in red and larger front. And have done this:

1.$1260 for Three petitions( 3 I-130's)

2. Only two G-325A forms needed for the spouse petition,.

WOW. All my fault. Thanks for the advice and listening. I really hate doing this. I used to be able to do forms better. I am back to where I started. I just misstated some of the things that I have originally done. I mixed up the forms and which ones to apply one to apply them to. I am my own worse enemy. Danb

Edited by danb (see edit history)
  • Like 1