Chinese TV over internet

Well the wife just updated her QQ to QQ2013

Worked great for a day then all the blote ware came into play.

My main server/system was full of spam and crap.

Took me almost three hours to clean out the shit that came with the new QQ2013

Come to find out that QQ2012 is no longer supported and you must upgrade to QQ2013.

It appears my wife was using QQ to watch Chinese TV with the QQ2012

She had no problems then but now with the new QQ, No dice.

tons of spam!

As with most of our wife's they like to watch there Chinese TV.

I guess my question is, Does anyone know of a good web site to stream Chinese TV with out all the crap and spam?

If we keep going down the road were going down now the wife will have my company computer in the trash.

I can not have my business computer crash.

I/We need (more the wife than me) Chinese TV on the internet.

Mike

Get her an iPad, there are several TV Streaming apps, as well as QQ, WeChat etc.. for that device, and you can stream from it to an appleTV device to play TV and music on your TV and stereo.

My wife has the iPad and loves it for this. and the iPad tends to be immune to this junk.

Again, I don't think that my wife is an actual Chinese. She will not watch anything Chinese. I have never heard her say a single word in Chinese in 13 years around the house in everyday life. She does speak Chinese when she is talking to her parents as her mother does not speak a word of english. Now her father speaks a little english and speaks fluent Russian.

She seems so very different than anyone else wife on this entire site. She won't even eat any Chinese food. I guess she is just plain tired of anything Chinese. I envy some of you guys to an extent. I have a Chinese wife that seems to want to be an ABC. I think that she is what she calls a "banana". Yellow on the outside but white on the inside.

Larry

• Like 2

well come to find out this new QQ2013 is full of crap and has now taken over my main system.

I have uninstalled it and did a full restore and still the blote ware is still there.

Now i'm going to have to do a full reinstall of windows 7

Tried to install QQ2012 but it forces you to upgrade to QQ2013.

I'm so pissed right now for i have spent my only day off trying to fix this crap.

I had these same frustrations with my wife and daughter until I installed qq for them, and made sure not to install the bloat, but they only wanted chat.

Have you considered making her a virtual image that she can pollute any way she wants, and you can just revert to a clean snapshot ?

I don't know if you have any vm software available, but there are some free ones if you don't.

• Like 1

I had these same frustrations with my wife and daughter until I installed qq for them, and made sure not to install the bloat, but they only wanted chat.

Have you considered making her a virtual image that she can pollute any way she wants, and you can just revert to a clean snapshot ?

I don't know if you have any vm software available, but there are some free ones if you don't.

VBOX from oracle is great for that, just need an extra windows license.

This is what i have done when installing her QQ2013 ONLY Chat!

But i keep getting stupid little carton bird flying around the screen.

The wife has no clue about computers and can not explain to me what this.

All she knows about computers is how to turn it on and open QQ.

She can surf the net a little.

We go through this every few years and i always install it the same was with only the basic options (Chat only)

But it looks like this 2013 version has some bloat ware installed by default and no way of turning it off.

It would be great if i could read Chinese.

Edited by NUWORLD (see edit history)

Again perhaps time to get an iPad and run QQ on that along with the Chinese TV apps. Apple's App Store does not allow for bloat where the QQ chat app is very well done.

We go through this every few years and i always install it the same was with only the basic options (Chat only)

But it looks like this 2013 version has some bloat ware installed by default and no way of turning it off.

cant help you on the reading chinese, but I did just go check wifes computer.

It is QQ 2013 on win 7, and theres no birds flying around.

If You need a process list, or list of installed files I'd be happy to get it for you.

I looked into alternative chat programs, and pidgin has a qq add-on.

I run linux on my machine, so I don't know if thats an option for windows.

cant help you on the reading chinese, but I did just go check wifes computer.

It is QQ 2013 on win 7, and theres no birds flying around.

If You need a process list, or list of installed files I'd be happy to get it for you.

I looked into alternative chat programs, and pidgin has a qq add-on.

I run linux on my machine, so I don't know if thats an option for windows.

The list would be great Thanks!

I'm also running windows 7.

Would be nice to know what boxes to check on/off during install.

There are quit a few.

The wife can only tell my that the bird looks sick and has a runny nose.

It might be some sort of health add on.

• Like 1

msconfig

Disabled:

Divx Media server

Divx Update

Aimersoft Helper Compact

In Program Files (x86)\Tencent

QQ
QQBrowser
QQMusic
QQPinyin
Qzone
In QQ directory
AuI18N
Bin
I18N
Misc
Plugin
QQLicense.txt
QQProtect
QQUninst.exe
QQWhatsnew.txt
Resource.1.93.6966
Timwp.xml.txd
Timwp_gf.tpc
Uninstall.xml
af.xml.txd
app.xml.txd
common.xml.txd
gf-config-postlogin.xml
gf-config.xml
kernel.xml.txd
platform.tpc
txupd.exe
xgui2.xml

Well it seams as though were getting a little off the main topic here but lets roll with it for now.

I'll post a few screen shots so ya all know what I'm talking about.

This first one is that stupid little bird I have been talking about

gallery_2511_535_239485.jpg

These next 3 are the install windows that ask questions that i have no clue what it says.

If anyone could translate these next few windows and explain what they say i would be most grateful.

gallery_2511_535_10641.jpg

gallery_2511_535_22514.jpg

gallery_2511_535_4911.jpg

My wife does not watch much tv. When we were in the states she was more concerned in watching shows to help her English on her computer. We would hook up my laptop to the TV using HDMI and watch movies with Chinese subtitles a couple times a week. Now that we are in China we have not used the TV for more than 4 hours since may.

Of course the baby has a lot to do with that.