Question regarding any previous fiance petition on I-129F

I have been visiting this forum for several months and have found a lot of very good, hard to find information thanks to some very good people on the forum.

I am now in the process of completing my own I-129F and am unsure how to answer a question regarding having previously filed any petition for a K-1 fiancé petition. I filed a petition in the year 2000 (13 year ago) that was approved. My fiance at that time came to the US and we came to a peaceful and mutual conclusion to not get married. She departed the US within 90 of arrival, so there was no overstay.

The I-129F asked for the filing date and the city/State it was sent to. Because more than 13 years have past, I, nor my past fiancé, have any documentation regarding the month or day it was submitted back in 2000.

1. How would you complete this part of the I-129F?

2. Should I include more information to the DHS-USCIS about why that person and I didn't marry?

Thank you.

Steve

1. If I could come up with at least the month, then I would enter the first day of that month. If I had no guess I would just put the year.

2. In the result box you could write: Approved. We ultimately did not marry. She returned home.

For the basic filing it is usually recommended that you include an 'Evolution of Relationship' letter to show how you meet your current fiancee, etc. If you wanted to explain that past filing, you could do that in the letter but I would keep it very short and simple.

1. If I could come up with at least the month, then I would enter the first day of that month. If I had no guess I would just put the year.

2. In the result box you could write: Approved. We ultimately did not marry. She returned home.

For the basic filing it is usually recommended that you include an 'Evolution of Relationship' letter to show how you meet your current fiancee, etc. If you wanted to explain that past filing, you could do that in the letter but I would keep it very short and simple.

Thanks for your suggestions. I hope the USCIS is not too strict when they see the I-129 only has the year. As I go along in the process, hopefully I can add some helpful input. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...