30 km Bicycle Trip

Randy W

Randy, I really love those photos. Looks like you guys rode pretty deep into the countryside. I especially liked the photo of the dirt road in the foreground and the multi-story building pressed up against that small hill. Is that dirt road what you guys were riding on? And how hot was it?

Randy, I really love those photos. Looks like you guys rode pretty deep into the countryside. I especially liked the photo of the dirt road in the foreground and the multi-story building pressed up against that small hill. Is that dirt road what you guys were riding on? And how hot was it?

It's in the 70's - hardly worked up a sweat. Very grueling, due to the distance and terrain, but when I got to where I had planned to go - well, it just started getting interesting.

Yes, the dirt road was off the map, but just kept going, so I did, too. A bit dusty for me to want to try it again, but there are lots of other back roads around there.

The Google maps is fairly good, but doesn't show all the roads. The Bing satellite image is very good, except that there was a cloud cover over a lot of what I need to see.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)