Waiting times and clarification for next steps

I kept seeing different things about when to pay the $230, which is the processing fee for the DS-260, so I emailed the Guangzhou Consulate. I specifically asked them if it was possible to pay that fee ahead of time at a CITIC bank so we don't have to deal with it on the day of my husband's interview. Here is their reply below:

Thank you for your inquiry.

This is to confirm you that the immigrant visa fee can only be paid in the Consulate at the time of the visa interview if the immigrant petition was filed in China. The CITIC bank doesn’t accept any immigrant visa fees.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit
U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou

So we're going to just wait until the day of the interview and see if somebody inside the Consulate can tell us how to pay that fee. Also, to those who have DCF'd in another city, such as Beijing, and interviewed in Guangzhou already, can you confirm if your documents from the I-130 filing were forwarded to the Guangzhou Consulate? We only have one copy of the translated and notarized marriage certificates, which we gave to the Beijing embassy upon the I-130 filing, and I just want to make sure that Guangzhou will have it when we interview. Thanks!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic