DS-260 and DS-261 now universally required

i heard about this too, but can you tell me whether this only applies to following new cases or also cases in process aready?

Since i have got my P3 and mailed (including DS-230) back to the embassy about 15 days ago, do i need to bring a DS 260 to my interview?

thanks!

I can't emphasize this enough, especially with the procedures changing, it seems like, monthly at the consulate. FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS YOU'RE GIVEN.

They won't make you re-do something you've already done, just to adapt to a new procedure. What's done is done - and doesn't need to be done a second time.

That being said, it doesn't hurt to BE PREPARED - have a copy of your instructions along with a copy of the DS-230 you've already submitted

A DS-260 would need to be submitted electronically. As you've already submitted a visa application, don't submit another one, unless you are asked to do so.

i heard about this too, but can you tell me whether this only applies to following new cases or also cases in process aready?

Since i have got my P3 and mailed (including DS230) back to the embassy about 15 days ago, do i need to bring a DS 260 to my interview?

thanks!

I sent my P3 packet with the DS-230 at the end of July, and got my notice to schedule an interview yesterday (email from GUZ). It doesn't mention anything about DS-260. The instructions on CGI also don't say anything about it, only DS-230. That report Ryan linked says "The National Visa Center (NVC) may instruct some applicants who previously submitted Form DS-230 to submit Form DS-260". So, like Randy suggested, it would seem that if you've already submitted a DS-230, then you won't need the DS-260 unless they specifically request it.

Randy is correct on this, Guangzhou has always marched to a different drummer than the other consulates in other countries, follow the consulate's instructions, they are still using the DS-230 locally with CGI Stanley.

If the petition was filed in the states, going through the state side NVC process, the DS-260 and DS-261 will be used in the state side NVC electronic process and later GUZ would still want a DS-230 so that they have a physical form to sign in front of the visa officer.

• 4 weeks later...

We received our instructions on Sunday, 9/29 right before the China National Day hoilday it was to submit a DS-260. The form was filled and submitted electronically today; the 3 forms required to be printed off and mailed sent today through Citic Bank Branch in downtown Shenzhen.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the feedback on this guys! We had our interview in Guangzhou last week (passed!), and made sure to have the 260 filled out as well just in case. They did ask for this at the interview, even though we had the 230 already submitted and accepted.

Side note for future reference: we noted at the last moment that the I-864 that we had submitted was an expired version. Luckily we updated and had the new one ready for the interview, so no worries there either.