Well folks, we made it back to the states with no hitches. POE through SFO was fairly straightforward. We had to stand in the visitors line with the masses - took about an hour to clear immigration. Fortunately, we had a strong tailwind coming from Hong Kong so we arrived an hour early, so there was plenty of time for the connection to Atlanta.

The immigration officer asked a few questions of Jingwen. When did she plan on getting married? How did we meet? It took him about fifteen minutes to open the envelopes, stamp everything, mark the visas, assign the A number, and take the fingerprints and photos. He didn't want the X-rays.

I tell my friends that the Chinese love to do three things - eat, sleep, and go shopping. On the way home from the airport, we actually stopped to do a little shopping - odds and ends, then went directly to the Oriental Peal restaurant so Jingwen and the kids could speak Guangdonghua to the waiters, then went home to shower and hit the rack.

All in all, a good start.

I havent' been reading the posts on CFL for a few days. Probably will catch up on my reading after I go buy some stock in the Morton salt company - it's bound to go up given the increase in salt useage here in Atlanta.

It's good to be back.

Congratulations Frank. Good to have you back and glad to hear there were  no more snafus in the process. Now file your AOS with Atlanta and get ready to wait and wait, and then wait some more. :D

Yeh, this one scares me since KK, the daughter, is 20 and must be adjusted before her 21st birthday. I'm meeting with my congress person on Tuesday to try to grease the skids on expedited processing.

I thought I saw in another thread that they went through the Citizen line.

I figure I will ask before getting in line anyway. I was just curious.

Our POE was SFO. I tried the immigration line first and was directed to the visitors line. By the time we got to the front, the citizens lines were empty, and they started taking the overflow.