Long term residence permit REALLY necessary for DCF?

Glad it worked out to walk-in, probably about the only day it would be empty due to the holiday. FYI - our I-130 approval came by snail mail. Went on 8/27 and recieved on 9/22. There was a US and a China holiday in there so hopefully yours will be quicker. Then the P3 came on 9/29 right before the National Day holiday by EMS.

I got a notification via EMS today (sent to my wife's name for some reason) they requested some additional documents:

1. Marriage notarial from the appropriate local authorities

2. A copy of the marriage registration application from the proper local authorities

I'm not sure what these are, but they want us to send them back to them via EMS.

What are these documents?

Thanks

I got a notification via EMS today (sent to my wife's name for some reason) they requested some additional documents:

1. Marriage notarial from the appropriate local authorities

2. A copy of the marriage registration application from the proper local authorities

I'm not sure what these are, but they want us to send them back to them via EMS.

What are these documents?

Thanks

1) is the white book notarial marriage certificate

2) Your wife should know about this - if she doesn't, you might submit a copy of your red book marriage certificate you got when you registered your marriage

# 1) should have been submitted earlier in the process. Submit it again, since they're asking you to.

• 3 weeks later...

I DCF'd my I-130 petition for my husband yesterday in Beijing. The lady behind the counter did, indeed, require six months of proof of residence. Since I got both my passport and visa renewed in July, she asked for my old passport with my old residence permit (which I'd brought along with a copy of the bio page and my last visa). She verified that the copy was real and handed back my old passport and that was that.