Persuading China to Commit Suicide

Some interesting thoughts from a Westerner and the Global Times

Economic suicide biggest threat to China

China cannot be murdered, therefore it must be persuaded to commit suicide. This summarizes the geopolitical situation as seen by Western anti-China circles.

It encapsulates that China's national revival has now reached a point where no external forces are strong enough to prevent China's rise. The US remains militarily stronger, but China's strength is sufficient that US losses in a war would be so great even neoconservatives do not advocate it.

US authorities can try to murder Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam, and possibly in the future Latin American countries, but China is too strong.

This does not mean Western anti-China circles have given up. If it is impossible to murder China, perhaps it may be possible to persuade it to commit suicide? This idea might appear ludicrous, but actually the US has already succeeded twice, with Japan and the USSR.

. . .

The author is former director of London's Economic and Business Policy and currently a senior fellow with Chongyang Institute, Renmin University of China.

This person and the very idea is insidious and insanely laughable... like most ideas about China from the West. Keep hacking away folks. China is just superior and will eventually overcome all your attacks. Why the West wants to control all others is the real joke. The funny thing is China will appear to laugh with you when actually it laughs at you.

Edited by Fu Lai (see edit history)

This person and the very idea is insidious and insanely laughable... like most ideas about China from the West. Keep hacking away folks. China is just superior and will eventually overcome all your attacks. Why the West wants to control all others is the real joke. The funny thing is China will appear to laugh with you when actually it laughs at you.

You know we use to have another guy on this forum, in fact he still comes around sometimes, that use to sound EXACTLY like you almost word for word. He has been in China for something like 6-8 years now and the next time that he post I want to get the two of you together for a little chat.

Larry

To add: His thoughts mirrored your exactly and he thought that he had turned yellow and become a Chinese person until the S-H-T-F and he found out very quickly that he was not a Chinese and will never be one. He was just another dancing monkey in a foreign country.

Edited by amberjack1234 (see edit history)
  • Like 4

Hi Larry, what is the point of your post? Do you think I am Chinese? Do you think I am a "dancing monkey"? I am an American. Do you have any comments about this topic?

You know we use to have another guy on this forum, in fact he still comes around sometimes, that use to sound EXACTLY like you almost word for word. He has been in China for something like 6-8 years now and the next time that he post I want to get the two of you together for a little chat.

Larry

To add: His thoughts mirrored your exactly and he thought that he had turned yellow and become a Chinese person until the S-H-T-F and he found out very quickly that he was not a Chinese and will never be one. He was just another dancing monkey in a foreign country.

China cannot be murdered, therefore it must be persuaded to commit suicide. This summarizes the geopolitical situation as seen by Western anti-China circles.

It encapsulates that China's national revival has now reached a point where no external forces are strong enough to prevent China's rise. The US remains militarily stronger, but China's strength is sufficient that US losses in a war would be so great even neoconservatives do not advocate it.

US authorities can try to murder Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam, and possibly in the future Latin American countries, but China is too strong.

This does not mean Western anti-China circles have given up. If it is impossible to murder China, perhaps it may be possible to persuade it to commit suicide? This idea might appear ludicrous, but actually the US has already succeeded twice, with Japan and the USSR.

. . .

The author is former director of London's Economic and Business Policy and currently a senior fellow with Chongyang Institute, Renmin University of China.

Persuade China to commit suicide?? Who comes up with shit like that? And why would any of us on Candle agree with or hope for something like that, further more, who in the wide wide world of sports would think that anyone on Candle has thoughts like that about China? Silly beyond belief.

And wassup with this east and west crap. Never once have I gone east to go to China. If America is the west and Chinartucky is the east, how come I always go west to get to China? Probably some doofuss Englishman who came up with who is the east and who is the west. Thank Gawd England gave us Benny Hill and the Rolling Stones, they ain't got much else on the ball, what with comments like this dingle berry wrote.

tsap seui

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

. . .

Persuade China to commit suicide?? Who comes up with shit like that? And why would any of us on Candle agree with or hope for something like that, further more, who in the wide wide world of sports would think that anyone on Candle has thoughts like that about China? Silly beyond belief.

And wassup with this east and west crap. Never once have I gone east to go to China. If America is the west and Chinartucky is the east, how come I always go west to get to China? Probably some doofuss Englishman who came up with who is the east and who is the west. Thank Gawd England gave us Benny Hill and the Rolling Stones, they ain't got much else on the ball, what with comments like this dingle berry wrote.

tsap seui

Good point. I have often wondered too how the midwest could be here in the US, but the middle East is somewhere in northern Africa. :huh: It's all sooo confusing.

Oops - I see I left off the link. Sorry 'bout that

Economic suicide biggest threat to China - Economic suicide biggest threat to China

Read the article - the claim is that that is exactly what the U.S. did to Russia and Japan

China is harder to persuade to commit suicide. Unlike Japan, it cannot be blackmailed via military dependence on the US. Unlike the USSR, China is not pursuing an economically adventurist policy of seeking military parity with the US on the basis of a GDP only 40 percent as large.

But the West understands its leverage points. Ordinary Chinese citizens are economically tied to their motherland, but the rich can take wealth abroad.

. . . and the point of the article

The biggest threat to China is forces within it trying to persuade it to commit suicide by adopting policies inevitably derailing its national revival.

Such processes can easily be followed from outside China. But while murder involves another person, suicide is a personal decision. The world's most important question is whether China can be persuaded to commit suicide or not.

Suicide comes from within - NOT due to external factors.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
  • Like 1