Thanks Randy!

One other question: Since we DCF'd we never dealt with the Stateside Service Centers. The Reference number on the letter is not recognized on the USCIS Case Status website. It starts with one of the three letters mentioned so I am pretty sure I have the right number. I somewhat recall there being a lag before the Web Site will accept the number, how long does that typically take?

I would think a day or two to a week at the most

Hello everyone! me and my wife are approaching the 90 day window for our 2 year anniversary in the USA, and we are preparing to file the i-751 to remove conditions. I noticed it says to include evidence of a relationship, and the instructions look exactly the same as the first ones we did when we first started this process almost 3 years ago. Is the evidence as important in this step as the first time? Should I pack all the same stuff I had in there before, plus more?

Also, I called them up and they told me after I send it they would send a receipt, which my wife is to use until the new green card comes, is this receipt good enough for renewing a drivers licenses? When my wife got her licenses they made it expire on the date on her green card, she drives to school and i'm concerned this will be an issue. After she removes her conditions, when can she begin to apply for citzenship?

Thanks,

The instructions seemed a little vague to me. I was on the understanding the items they requested were to be implemented over the 2 year time frame. Unfortunately, they want proof from day 1, so anything related tot he day she stepped off the plane is important. Hope all goes well for you!

Guys, I have photos, lease contract, and auto insurance both in our names. Our bank cards were separate, as it was easier to do with Bank of America, since she was a student and would get the checking account free. Other then that, I don't have any financial statements that have BOTH our names on it. Do you think the stuff I listed would be enough? I could get Affidavits but since they have to be sworn, it would be a big pain to get, so I want to avoid having to get those if necessary... We are both under the same health insurance, but my cards have both my name.

Sworn affidavits are very important, I would get two or three. All the person making one out needs to do is visit a notary public and sign it in front of them, where I work there are several that are notaries, my brother in law is one, you can find notaries at most banks. This is not a pain to do.

In my wife's case we did two affidavits.
Our evidence consisted of several things.

• Letters addressed to same address showing both names.
  • I added wife to my bank account shortly after marriage so I attached copies of statements from early and later showing both names
  • returns
  • Drivers license and her permit showing same address
  • Tuition bills showing our address
  • Credit cards showing her name
  • Info from a small home business in both our names (commission checks in both our names)
  • Photos together at various places on various vacations
  • I did not have wife on rental or dead to any property
  • She was not yet a driver so was not on any title or insurance of my vehicles
  • Same issue with medical ins cards showed just my name, I did attach medical bill statements showing my wife's name when she went to doctor or dentist, my insurance generates a statement any time we use it.

Paint a picture of living and doing things as a couple.

When you submit the information, get a statement from as far back as possible and a current one. I made the mistake of submitting some current insurance policies but they had no way of knowing how long my wife had been on the account. I also got a notarized statement from the bank verifying when she was added to the account and also from the auto/home insurance (mine were the same) stating when she was added to the acocunt. Both places had no problem giving notarized statements.

Get the affidavits. My friends had no problem. Have them take the letter they wrote to their bank or a local bank and they will notarize their signatures. It is very easy.

The USCIS stated health insurance cards were not relevant due to the policy being in my name. Showing various bills I paid for dental, health, and whatever did not make a difference. The RFE letter clearly stated none of these would be used as evidence for the relationship. Nonetheless, send it. Maybe my person was having a bad day.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys, I got two affidavits notarized but they are both from my Dad, and my brother who is living with me temp as he goes to college near by, do you think this will be enough? I was unable to get a friend out to get one signed..

Probably will be fine, they are attesting that your relationship is genuine, and know of it since at least marriage.

In my case it was brother-in-law (Best Man) and a friend business acquaintance.

It might seem like an unnecessary effort but I would advise you to give all the information you can, and more, to show your relationship is still for love. A little time now finding all the documentation really pays off in terms of minimizing stress and complications down the line. Booking confirmations from vacations you took together, hire car receipts, restaurant bills, holiday cards addressed to you both, and pictures from parties etc, as well as the financial details of joint accounts etc. You’ve probably already downloaded this, but just in case (and for other people just starting the process) http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-751instr.pdf

Don't panic though - remember that the onus is on the CIS to prove a fraudulent marriage and if you have documentation that you are living your life together then this is difficult.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Just got a notice from Vermont Service Center saying that the case for removal of CPR has been moved to California Service Center because CSC has the jurisdiction . On the right hand corner there is a note saying that Approved I-891 .... . Submitted this removal of CPR in April 2013. Strange ? Does it make that the application has already been approved and going forward to be processed for the 10 year green card ?

Just got a notice from Vermont Service Center saying that the case for removal of CPR has been moved to California Service Center because CSC has the jurisdiction . On the right hand corner there is a note saying that Approved I-891 .... . Submitted this removal of CPR in April 2013. Strange ? Does it make that the application has already been approved and going forward to be processed for the 10 year green card ?

Yes, many times CSC adjudicates and approves it without an interview. However I have also seen them decide an interview is needed and send it to your field office.

It is a wait and see game.

We live in NC . We sent the application to VSC since that's noted in the instruction . We had the finger print and that blanket 1 year extension . It sounds like it is in the final process and it goes to CSC.

Quite often the various centers ship work to other centers when they are overloaded as a way to shift workloads.

in my wife's case the I-175 went to Chicago, they sent it to Missouri, they sent it on to California where it was approved without an interview.