I Call it 'Hot Dog and Lychee Day'

I love dogs and wouldn't eat one myself but I also realize that it's a part of Chinese culture. I suppose Hindus would disapprove of me eating beef as well. Jewish people won't eat pork either. I'm certainly not going to criticize anyone for their culinary preferences. I once saw a TV show where Koreans were eating live baby octopus crawling up their chopsticks.

I would just hope they kill the animals quickly and humanely.

I remember this discussion here at CFL years ago and someone posted that it was believed that the meat would be ruined if the animal had an increase in fear, pain and anxiety before death.

Poor babies, I suppose it's not much worse than a meat packing plant here but it's disturbing to watch. The hard part is realizing many Chinese view dogs as just another meat animal like pork, beef or chicken. I'm glad my wife doesn't want to eat them.

Man-eat-dog festival

98123d4a-5725-48f5-8797-d6db234d9bc3.jpe

This was pretty much all Friday night around dinner time.

I had gone for a bike ride around 5 or 6 PM - saw restaurants that had the tables set up, but no customers yet.

We went to my pizza restaurant for dinner (just a block away) - saw a couple of places along the way that had a pretty good turnout.

No dog carcasses suspended on hooks this time, though

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Nothin' wrong with a lil' fillet of Lassie with a pleasant spring onion garnish. Better yet, is a nice medium/well done rump roast of Rin Tin Tin, I always say.

Like my ol' uncle, Harry Gonads, used to say in between his unloading huge hockers of Redman Chawin' tabacky...."Rather it tawks, squawks, barks, squeals, or screams....meat is meat boy".

tsap seui