White men with Asian women.

Seems like every time I turn around I'm finding some article that portrays white men with Asian women as some kind of disgusting pervert. Terms like "yellow fever" are used. I've read some articles that claim they are closet pedophiles because in general Asian women are smaller than Caucasian women. I know there are some weird guys out there that think Asian women are cute little obedient fuck toys but the notion that a white man who is attracted to Asian women is a creep bothers me. Even men who exclusively date women of their own race have preferences. Some guys like tall women, short women, long hair, short hair, big breasts, small breasts, blondes, brunettes, redheads and on and on an on but no one thinks they're perverts.

I found this article today by Vivienne Chen very interesting and a breath of fresh air from an Asian American woman's point of view. I think she pretty much hit the nail right on the head.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/vivienne-chen/asian-fetish_b_1626467.html

The problem I see is that this constant espousal of the stereotype of men who like Asian women oversimplifies complicated race, gender and sexual politics, and actually damagesthe dating prospects of Asian females and non-Asian males alike.
  • Like 1

Well written article I think.

I too worry sometimes .. AM I that freak that chases Asian women ?

Granted, I don't chase anyone except my wife, but still the stereotype invades my thoughts.

I have a friend who states "I don't like Asian women", yet he is married to one of my best friends, a Chinese girl. They have 2 kids now .. he must make some exception.

How does it work, am I weird, because I am married to a Chinese lady?

Would I have dated her if she was white ?

Would our relationship work as well if we both spoke the same language since birth ?

There are lots of questions .. in the end I quit thinking, and just enjoy the wonderful life I have with my wife ..

• Like 2

I agree With ya Carl and a very good write up.

How about this point of view and we all have seen it.

A hot blond woman with a Black man.

Is that any different?

I think not.

The world has changed and i don't think it's about color and or race any more.

It's about who we love and married that counts.

• Like 1

I am with Cred... I quit thinking about it... much anymore.

Good for Vivienne Chen!! Well written and suscinct.

I jokingly admit to my many Chinese friends that I caught Yellow Fever while on RR in Hong Kong many years ago. They all get a chuckle out it. There WAS and IS something exotic about Asian women that is very attractive both physically and sexually. Interesting thing that I have learned is that many Asian women view us western men the same exotic way that we see them. :lol: And, I think the author is a good defender of both attractions. Good for her!

• Like 1

I actually don't look at my wife as Asian. She is just the woman that I fell in love with for just being herself. I never had yellow fever or a fetish for Asian women. Many are beautiful alright but so are many other nationalities. There are many ugly ones all over the world too. The bottom line for me is that she is the person that I love and takes care of me. Asian has nothing what so ever to do with it for me. I actually never thought of marrying an Asian woman at all before meeting my wife. I was actually married to her for about 2 years before it dawned on me, hay I married into another race. For the folks that I know that have an issue with this,,,,,, well they all already know where to go.

Larry

• Like 1

I'll admit I'm more attracted to Asian women. I also enjoy the intercultural exchange. I'm also attracted to Caucasian women, African women, Latina women and so on. The woman is more important than the race. I also think big boobs look nice but it's not important. Like Larry I seldom even think about my wife and I being different races. She's just wifey. To touch on Dennis' comment I wonder why no one ever accuses Asian women who like Caucasian men of having "White Fever"?

I, too, am attracted to all sorts of women. I lived 15 years in Miami and let me tell you, there are thousands of beautiful, exotic women in that city. And these women are from all over the globe, with the vast majority from Latin America. My connection with Asian women goes back to my middle school years. My first girlfriend, and the girl I dated from eighth grade through graduation was Japanese-American, born in the States. If that means I have yellow fever, then so be it.

• Like 1

Don't forget the Mandarin Magic. It is just something about them. Mysterious? Aloof? When I was younger I viewed Asian woman as very polite and daintfied, Wearing a qi pao dress with a little fan covering half their face showing only their eyes.

My wife is so full of life and bubbles over to me. She is a real fun person to be with.

1003959_529326610437933_619891400_n.jpg

Don't forget the Mandarin Magic. It is just something about them. Mysterious? Aloof? When I was younger I viewed Asian woman as very polite and daintfied, Wearing a qi pao dress with a little fan covering half their face showing only their eyes.

My wife is so full of life and bubbles over to me. She is a real fun person to be with.

You nailed it Thomas...."so full of life and bubbles over to me". I like your words. I feel the same with our relationship...we spend more time laughing and giggling at each other than anything else in our normal day. The lil' rabbit is pure joy to me, as I am certain your wife is to you.

tsap seui

• Like 1

An article today speaks of interracial marriages in the US are on the rise. 1 in 10 American marriages are mixed now.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/27/interracial-marriage_n_1460394.html

This stat seems of more what I see...

The same study also found that interracial marriages were most prevalent in western states. The 2010 Census confirmed the Pew finding, revealing that more than 26 percent of marriages in Western states were mixed.

• Like 1

You nailed it Thomas...."so full of life and bubbles over to me". I like your words. I feel the same with our relationship...we spend more time laughing and giggling at each other than anything else in our normal day. The lil' rabbit is pure joy to me, as I am certain your wife is to you.

tsap seui

I'll second that to ya both.

Hong and i just had our 7th year together as husband and wife last month.

Living and being married to hong is comedy 24/7

We live together, work together and were always by each others side through thick and thin.

The best part is were always happy and laughing together.

Liven the dream 24/7 and loving every minute of it.

• Like 2

Initially, I thought that Vivienne Chen was the person who did the PBS doc that was posted on this forum a month or so ago. The PBS doc. "Seeking Asian Female." I was wrong. That was done by Debbie Lum. I am pretty sure she used the term Yellow Fever also. Before a month or so ago I thought yellow fever was disease that one got in the jungles of South America or South East Asia. How well know is the stereotype Yellow Fever? Or are we just overly sensitive to it.

There are so many stereotypes about some Asian women such as just a green card seeker or money honey girls. In general the older I get the more I tend to note the stereotype but then go on and try to ignore them Danb