Did guangzhou change case numbers after Mar 16?

Today we got an e-mail back from Guangzhou stating that we have not provided the documents they required yet we sent in on march 16th. Also they said we are using the wrong case number.

Ours starts with GZO

But they said in e-mail to use correct case number which is different and starts with GUZ

The GUZ number says visa approved on CEAC sight.

Is it best to call DOS on this and see whats going on?

I was worried the shifting ways would cause documents to be lost.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Sounds like a SNAFU, with you unfortunately in the middle. I believe they normally would continue to use the GZO case number (maybe someone can verify this?), but if they want to use the GUZ number, I expect it's in your best interest to comply. Was this the same as your original GUZ number (before you OPTed-IN)? Did you HAVE a GUZ number at that point?

It seems straight-forward to me - if they're saying your visa is already approved, why not go along and send them exactly what they're asking for?

At this point, you are ONLY dealing with the Wizards of GUZ (or maybe GZO) - no one else will know anything except what they tell them

Once you've sent in the documents under BOTH case numbers, you would seem to be 100% covered.

The problem is that the GUZ number is for a non-immigrant visa that was approved,

we are immigrant visa.

So I have no idea what they are asking for.

The blue slip was for my marriage documents they never took at document intake, since the person said they were not needed.

Unfortunately since we can call no one, just using e-mail will never work if they are not sure even what visa we are.

Plus they did not say what documents they are waiting for.

Since I already sent in the original blue slip 2 months ago but made copies, can a person still send documents in this way or only through a courier as the new process describes?

If can only with a courier then I have no way to send unless they send us new instructions.

What a mess we did not need.

Thanks

The problem is that the GUZ number is for a non-immigrant visa that was approved,

we are immigrant visa.

So I have no idea what they are asking for.

The blue slip was for my marriage documents they never took at document intake, since the person said they were not needed.

Unfortunately since we can call no one, just using e-mail will never work if they are not sure even what visa we are.

Plus they did not say what documents they are waiting for.

Since I already sent in the original blue slip 2 months ago but made copies, can a person still send documents in this way or only through a courier as the new process describes?

If can only with a courier then I have no way to send unless they send us new instructions.

What a mess we did not need.

Thanks

The new process - through the CITIC banks - is ONLY for those who have been instructed to do so.

I would mail them in again - and include ALL information you can to identify BOTH the petitioner and the beneficiary - GZO number,(identify it CLEARLY as an IR1), passport ID's, her A# (if you have it). Follow it up with an email.

You probably need to respond to their email also - direct their attention to your current case, again clearly identified. You will probably get someone this time who can sort it out (fingers crossed).

Thanks much for your help and advice Randy,

I called DOS and they said they do have my documents and they have no idea why Guangzhou sent me a K-1 visa number since it is not ours.

Guess we just keep waiting

Probably just a random brain fart by one of their workers - just hope you don't get him again, or, if you do, that he's a little more alert.