DS-230 Block 44 Assisting with application

Hello, On the DS-230, block 44 it asks if you had assistance completing the apllication. Is that frowned on if my fiancee beneficiary does not do it completely by herself? The form cannot be saved and she has no printer. She knows no place to go and do it. So I have been emailing her back and forth asking her what to put. I will print and send to her and we'll put in block 44 that I assisted her. Hope that's ok?

Hello, On the DS-230, block 44 it asks if you had assistance completing the apllication. Is that frowned on if my fiancee beneficiary does not do it completely by herself? The form cannot be saved and she has no printer. She knows no place to go and do it. So I have been emailing her back and forth asking her what to put. I will print and send to her and we'll put in block 44 that I assisted her. Hope that's ok?

Yes - you're good to go.

Either way is fine, in my wife's case we left it blank even though I helped her fill out the forms, my interpretation is that block is for cases where the beneficiary used a third party professional like a lawyer to fill out all the forms, the lawyer would use that block. Much like a tax return has a block for a preparer such as a CPA.