Z visa question

ama537621

I have my Alien Employment license of the people's republic of china in hand. WOOT.

The supplement form for the visa asks for the license number, on the English language side there is no number listed. On the Chinese language side there is a number on the bottom 2013-XXXX. Anyone know if that is the number I need?

I also have a Invitation letter of Duly Authorized Unit that also has a number on it. I am short on time and I do not want a delay because I typed the wrong number into the supplement visa form.

If my timing is perfect I can get to shanghai, check out some apartments with the companies real estate agent, get my residency permit and still have time to get to Yuan before the baby is born.

If my timing is off, well You all know how Chinese woman can be when you cannot do what you promised, LOL.

:tomato: :tomato: :tomato: :tomato: :tomato:

Guest ExChinaExpat

What you have is what most expats call a "Work Permit." Legally, as a foreigner you must have this to work in China. It's a little booklet of about 6-8 pages. On the cover it should read: "Alien Employment Permit." The number for this permit appears inside the cover on the first page at the top. This document has a period of validity and must be renewed every two years or so.

I wouldn't worry much about the numbers on the forms. If you're not sure, just leave them blank. It appears you have everything you need. Talk to the employment officer where you work and ask for their help with your questions. You will of course need to register with the local police station within thirty days of your arrival.

You need the employment letter to get your Z-Visa. Keep all these documents safe, and I also suggest your scan them so you have an electronic copy. Again, talk to your employment officer as they are the ones who should be assisting your through the process.

Before you are issued the Z-visa, you will need to complete a health-check in China.

Edited by JiangsuExpat (see edit history)

Yep, probably leave blank and let consulate officer fill it in for you. I am assuming you are going to take a trip down to NY City and visit the Chinese Consulate to apply for the visa.