Time stated on the invotation letter and on the DS160 from

Hi Guys

My wife's parents were rejected on their interview in Shenyang for their visitors visa. We stated on the DS-160 that WE would pay for the trip tickets. We think that told the interviewer to ask questions about me such as "when did your son in law retire, where did your son in law do before he retired" etc. My inlaws couldn't answer these questions. Also we stated on the DS-160 and invitation letter that we were asking for the parents to get a 1 year visa and stay with us for 1 year.

Now we have reapplied but this time on the DS-160 we stated that THEY will pay for the tickets and in the invitation letter we said that we would like for them to stay with us for about 3 months. We thought that applying for a shorter time would make the interviewer ask more questions about them and less about me and also give the interviewer more reasons to believe that they would have stronger reasons to go back to China.

QUESTION:

Does the time stated in the DS-160 and in the invitation letter affect the time of the visa that the interviewing person will give them? ( We understand that most visas are for 1 year) If they are passed and are given a 1 year's visa, will the 3 months in the application affect what the immagration officer at US Customs will give them? We are hoping for 6 months.

We have a Chinese friend whose mother applied for a 1 year's visa and she passed and got a 1 year's visa. The US Customs officer gave her 6 months stay in the US (This was her 1st time to the US). But we also heard that a mother in the same situation from Vietnam or Laos was given a 1 year's stay. Is it stricter with Chinese? Also is it possible for Chinese parents to get a 1 year stay?

1) Will not affect the expiration of the visa. B-2 is a 12 month multi-use visa.

2) The POE determines length of allowed stay, typically they set the I-94 card to expire at 90 to 180 days, they may set it longer up to a year if the visitor requests and provides a reason for the extended stay, like for example parent helping out with a new-born grand-child, or helping with family recovering from a trauma.