CA online practice written driver's test in Mandarin

mikeymark

My wife used the English NY practice written tests on the NY DMV site, we worked them together, I explained many of the concepts, and drilled her, anything she needed clarification on she used a translator.

Eventually when she took her written test, the DMV gave it in Chinese.

California only has practice in English.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/interactive/tdrive/exam.htm

Can find more topics on CFL here: http://candleforlove.com/forums/tags/forums/Driving/

Thank you Dennis, I appreciate your response.

A couple months ago I picked up this manual in Mandarin at our local DMV. What I was looking for was online practice tests for my wife to take so she can get a sense of her readiness before scheduling for the actual exam. Based on Dan's suggestion above, I will work with her using the English tests online and explain the choice of answers to get her response. She's taking ESL classes and is improving quickly with her oral comprehension, but ultimately she will take the actual exam in Mandarin.

Thank you Dennis, I appreciate your response.

A couple months ago I picked up this manual in Mandarin at our local DMV. What I was looking for was online practice tests for my wife to take so she can get a sense of her readiness before scheduling for the actual exam. Based on Dan's suggestion above, I will work with her using the English tests online and explain the choice of answers to get her response. She's taking ESL classes and is improving quickly with her oral comprehension, but ultimately she will take the actual exam in Mandarin.

Can't say that I mind asking - did you notice the link I posted?

I'm sorry Randy, I meant to thank you also for your information. I did check the link but passed on it because it was not for CA drivers and I was looking for an interactive web site. CA has sample interactive tests online but they are only in English. As I mentioned in my last post I will explain the questions and multiple choice answers to my wife and let her tell me which answer she thinks is correct. I think this approach will suffice and when she takes the actual test at the DMV, she can use the offered test in Mandarin. Again, Thanks Randy for your appreciated input.

• 2 years later...

I found this... don't know much about it yet, but maybe it is useful for some people.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bubblingiso.dmvchinese&hl=en

Description
The California DMV (Chinese) Written Test application is specially designed to meet the needs of future Chinese (Traditional) California drivers. This application has different features like:

- More than 100 Questions targeted for Class C drivers
- Specially designed test for Native Chinese Speakers
- Questions are written in Chinese (Traditional)
- Both text and sign practice questions

Use this app to help Chinese speakers to pass the California DMV Written Test.

• Like 1