Curiouser and curiouser.. I checked the dates on the visa bulletin yesterday and they are working March 2006 for unmarried sons and daughters over 21. Yesterday my stepson received a package from GZ. I'm not sure what yet. The case status shows nothing new, just the same old "post decision activity".

March 2006 ?????? Does that mean they have a seven-year backlog..... :blink:

I know they be slow, but surely not that slow....

It's a backlog due to quotas, not processing. They are only ALLOWED to admit a certain number each year. Once processing is complete, your petition/application sits and waits (for years) until a "visa number becomes available", or your "priority date becomes current".

March 2006 ?????? Does that mean they have a seven-year backlog..... :blink:

I know they be slow, but surely not that slow....

It's a backlog due to quotas, not processing. They are only ALLOWED to admit a certain number each year. Once processing is complete, your petition/application sits and waits (for years) until a "visa number becomes available", or your "priority date becomes current".

Thanks for the clarification, Randy. I thought for a minute it might just be organizational incompetence.... :Dah:

False alarm. The package turned out to be from someone else for the company he works for.

Yeah, you won't hear anything until the priority date becomes current - I was hoping for you that this represented a jump in that date, but apparently no dice.

We still have an I-130 on file for Jiaying's son, which we had filed after the denial of his K-2 AOS. The petition approval came up shortly after we moved to China. Fairly recently, she was still claiming that he wants to go to the States. I don't believe her, but I have no way of knowing for sure (that's just the way I read the interactions between the two of them). If the petition ever comes up from Guangzhou, I'm certain we'll just let it die.