Well its 0115 here in Alabama and just got off the phone with Jing Talk about pumped/happy.

Interview Date is MONDAY MARCH 8th 0830.. We are making plans for her to be here on the 13th or 20th of March. We started this April 4,2003 so 4 days longer then 11 months..WOW TIME FLYS WHEN YOUR HAVING FUN LOL

:D :D :D :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't have any pets told her I'm the only animal she has to worry about.. My home is always presentable but will do a little extra cleaning and preparing no problem..

First night in LA at Crowne Plaza just like Bejing and some good Martini and Rossi Asti Spumanti to Celebrate

SWEET HOME ALABAMA //// ROLL TIDE ROLL :rolleyes:

Sweetness! Glad to hear the good news.

Don't want to be a wet blanket or anything, but you still have to prepare for the interview. LOTS of documents, many of them duplicates. If you can be there with her to help her prepare them, all the better. If you can't be there, get ready to spend a lot of time on the phone. Even for native English speakers, some of the questions are a little obtuse.

That said, you're 95% there!

Bill and Fengjuan

Well prepared.. I hired a Visa company(NO LAWYER) when we started this 2 years ago.. she speaks pretty good english and When I was there From Dec 12 to Jan 4 I brought all the papers and set up in clear plastic binder..And I mean all... My Visa company got me through CIS formally BCIS without a hitch.. Unfortunaly I will not be with her but will be waiting at the gate in LA when she steps off the plane..I felt it was more important to have time off from work when she got here to help her make the adjustment. She has no problem traveling as she is a "liberated" Chinese lady and is use to travel..

Mike :rolleyes:

Mark

Thanks I think this will go smooth..After all the posts here it looks like Monday is one of the better days to interview as everyone has come back from the weekend and is in a good mood at the consulate..

Some day we will speak about CO. I use to live in Wheat Ridge and work In the Coors Technology Center..I have a very close friend and former boss in Broomfield..

Mike

CONGRATS!!!

Whatever you do, DO NOT BUY ANY NON-REFUNDABLE TICKETS BEFORE SHE ACTUALLY HAS THE VISA PACKAGE IN HER HAND!!! I have heard too many stories of visas being approved, and then long delays in actuall delivering the visa package. If she passes the interview, she will be given a slip of paper telling her when she, or someone designated by her, can come the consulate to pick up the package. The consulate will not mail the package. Also, VERY IMPORTANT, DO NOT OPEN THE VISA PACKAGE!!!. She will need to present the UNOPENED package to the customs authorities to get out of China, and then again to US Customs and Immigration when she gets to the US

CONGRATS!!!

Whatever you do, DO NOT BUY ANY NON-REFUNDABLE TICKETS BEFORE SHE ACTUALLY HAS THE VISA PACKAGE IN HER HAND!!!  I have heard too many stories of visas being approved, and then long delays in actuall delivering the visa package.  If she passes the interview, she will be given a slip of paper telling her when she, or someone designated by her, can come the consulate to pick up the package.  The consulate will not mail the package.  Also, VERY IMPORTANT, DO NOT OPEN THE VISA PACKAGE!!!.  She will need to present the UNOPENED package to the customs authorities to get out of China, and then again to US Customs and Immigration when she gets to the US

Thanks everyone

Orrin

I will do just that on the tickets.. I understood that they were issuing the Visa the next day Has this changed again???

Anyway will instruct her on the un-opened dreaded brown/manila envelope.

She is checking price of tickets in China both to GZ and LA She is about 1000mi from GZ and will fly there and back..I am checking ticket prices here also I can get a one way flight non stop on China Southern from Shanghai (she lives about 100 miles south east of Shanghai) LA for for about 468US..

Mike

CONGRATS!!!

Whatever you do, DO NOT BUY ANY NON-REFUNDABLE TICKETS BEFORE SHE ACTUALLY HAS THE VISA PACKAGE IN HER HAND!!!  I have heard too many stories of visas being approved, and then long delays in actuall delivering the visa package.  If she passes the interview, she will be given a slip of paper telling her when she, or someone designated by her, can come the consulate to pick up the package.  The consulate will not mail the package.  Also, VERY IMPORTANT, DO NOT OPEN THE VISA PACKAGE!!!.  She will need to present the UNOPENED package to the customs authorities to get out of China, and then again to US Customs and Immigration when she gets to the US

Thanks everyone

Orrin

I will do just that on the tickets.. I understood that they were issuing the Visa the next day Has this changed again???

Anyway will instruct her on the un-opened dreaded brown/manila envelope.

She is checking price of tickets in China both to GZ and LA She is about 1000mi from GZ and will fly there and back..I am checking ticket prices here also I can get a one way flight non stop on China Southern from Shanghai (she lives about 100 miles south east of Shanghai) LA for for about 468US..

Mike

Wow that was fast!!!!! Maybe I better call DOS again tomorrow.  You sent your P-3 back 5 days before we did.  Fortunately I am nearly ready with the p-4 papers to send.  Good luck and congratulations Mike!

Hey Bud we had our papers ready a year ago its been the Government who been holding us up..

BTW when I called DOS last Monday the gal I got told me there were no more inteviews until April a lot she knows I e-mailed GZ and they said they got the P3 and were moving ahead on things bang P4 go figure..Take DOS with a grain of salt..

Mike