Whats the wait time between NOA2 and P3?

Hey guys,

I received my NOA2 on December 12. Its been more than 3 months now and I haven't heard anything from the embassy yet. What is the normal wait time? When i contacted the NVC and they said its been sent out already. When I contact Guangzhou throught the email form, they havent received it yet. I've been emailing them once a week now. Still no good.

Thanks

Andrew

As some (including myself) would say, they'll receive it when they're good and ready to receive it.

NVC to GUZ

At the completion of the NVC processing, you will be notified that your application has been forwarded to "the appropriate visa-issuing post where your visa interview will take place". The package will be shipped by standard courier (now DHL) to China, where it will be stored for "customs clearance". This delay will take from one to four months, until the consulate is ready to enter your information into their computers and send your beneficiary the P3. Due to the excessive time that this stage takes, some say that the consulate is using the carrier for storage, until they are ready to 'receive' the packages. The consulate says that:

'Guangzhou consulate' said

Please note that due to a bilateral treaty with China, all immigrant visa petitions remain in Chinese customs for at least three months before being passed on to the Consulate.

What visa type?

If K-1 yes it is common for case to get stuck on customs for 3 months. Sometimes NVC scans the case and sends to Guangzhou electronically, though this dose not seem to be the case this time.

If CR-1 or IR-1 there were two options for NVC processing. Electronic process where you email scanned docs to NVC they then send case to consulate electronically avoiding the delay. Or the standard process of mailing NVC documents and they ship case over to Guangzhou with the customs delay.

A little more when calling NVC for details on a K-1 case.

The answer you get (on the phone) will vary by two factors:

1. How you worded your question (did the listener understand) and

2. the knowledge of the person who takes your call.

I suggest you try it again. Use this wording:

My K-1 petition will be adjudicated at Guangzhou. My petition arrived at NVC on (give the date). Will my petition be sent electronically via SAFEFILE, solely, or will NVC send it out to GUZ via DHL? Now, if you don't know the exact answer, I'm happy to hold on the line while you check with your supervisor, as this is a new pilot program and you MIGHT NOT have the current info in front of you.

I sense theres a lot of confusion between 'electronic transmission between NVC and GUZ' via SAFEFILE, and 'electronic processing at NVC' for I-130 petitions. Not YOUR confusion, not at all - but the confusion of what/when/how from the person that answers the phone, to handle your question.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/37809-called-about-new-nvc-pilot-program-last-night/?p=506298

Also recently P-3 tends to be in the form of email, and P3 P4 procedure has also changed to an online process. See: http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/45575-new-packet-34-procedure-as-of-3162013/

Hang in there. They (GUZ) are on their own timeline. My wife/step-son just completed all their AOS stuff and throughout the whole K1 process to now there have been lots of things that didnt make sense to me. You WILL get there so hang in there.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi new member , did you hear anything on your appointment date yet?

I started my I-130 for my wife & step Daughter in Nov 2011. just after we married in Chengdu Aug 29 2011 and just got first NOA2 notice March 12 2013.

I see the wait time between NOV2 and P3 varies 1-3 months

So i was just wanting to see with this new system in place if it was any faster and mabey i can estimate my wife's P3

thank x and good luck , BillHui

Nov 2011? That's over a year? Are you a US Citizen, or a green-card holder filing?

After NOA-2 you need to work with NVC filing a DS-3032 by beneficiary. And should email NVC that you want to opt into electronic processing, you will then be sending them I-864 for spouse and child, as well as scanning and emailing them documents.

Study: http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/37703-i29fk3-changes-and-nvc-electronic-processing-for-i-130cr1/

And: http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_5163.html

How quickly you get P3 depends on a number of factors, if petitioner is US Citizen or not, and if you opt into electronic process or not, and how quickly you send documents to NVC when requested.

Hi new member , did you hear anything on your appointment date yet?

I started my I-130 for my wife & step Daughter in Nov 2011. just after we married in Chengdu Aug 29 2011 and just got first NOA2 notice March 12 2013.

I see the wait time between NOV2 and P3 varies 1-3 months

So i was just wanting to see with this new system in place if it was any faster and mabey i can estimate my wife's P3

thank x and good luck , BillHui

I believe the new system comes into play with P4, and that it won't affect anything behind the scenes (which will proceed at its own pace). The actual effect, though, remains to be seen, since we're only beginning to get feedback on how it works.

One big change is that you will schedule your own interview appointment.

Did you mean 2012 instead of 2011? Did you file DCF (at the consulate)?

Thank x for getting back so quickly, I have been on USICS & NVC Email notifaction list since Nov 2011.

I've been a member a little over a year and still tring to upload a pic of me and the wife but the sit always the pic is too large any hints? I'm still learning how to navigate around this site and i have been watching Randy W helpful advice to others and it has answered many of mine when i was stuck.

Let me give you a short history of me( Bill) & wife Hui- I haven't figured how to set up our time line yet.

Me born & raised 46yrs USA, live in Pennsy.

met Hui in Beijing where she was working at the time, Oct 2010 after A friend invited me to their wedding .

I went back 4 times and met family with in next 8mo. then i gave New york immigration lawyer total of $3800 to take care of all paper work, he did nothing but scam me so I went back to China Aug 2011 got married, came back Chinese friend told me about CFL and we started papers our self

Nov 2011 sent I-130 one for wife, one for daughter. all was going good till march 2012 USICS asked for Hui's notorial birth cert. I misunderstod 1st & 2nd request. she was born @ home and just had ID w/ raised Chinese seal, but after I appealed her case in Sept. w/ the proper new birth cert.the ball was rolling again.

sorry so long...I sent in Aff. of support and sponsor forms.

got Email with bar coded forms late Dec 2012

we sent in cover page & bar code for CR1 & CR2 , Biographic data I &II sheet and packet 3 supplement sheet on Feb 22 2013, got Email from NVC march 12 2013 all is good wife & daughter case is being sent to GUZ Consulate office.....

one last question, I will not be able to be w/ my wife in GUZ for the interview Due to my summer working 2 jobs, the NVC required me in Feb 22 to send in ALL origanal Notorial documents w/ copies so i did. what more will Hui need that i haven't already sent them besides my RECENT pay stubs,phone logs, and sealed med. exam papers for the interview.

thank x for the help, Bill & Hui

• 1 month later...

first post here thought I would piggy back this thread; I recently received NOA2 woo hoo! However me and my sweetie are a little concerned about receiving the p3. Is it true that it is emailed now? Or is it still mailed? The issue is that her phone number changed since the filing and at her current address she cant receive mail without a phone number, or else it simply wont be delivered. If it needs to be changed who do I contact? NVC, USCIS, or the consulate?

first post here thought I would piggy back this thread; I recently received NOA2 woo hoo! However me and my sweetie are a little concerned about receiving the p3. Is it true that it is emailed now? Or is it still mailed? The issue is that her phone number changed since the filing and at her current address she cant receive mail without a phone number, or else it simply wont be delivered. If it needs to be changed who do I contact? NVC, USCIS, or the consulate?

What type of visa?

K-1 P3 is much different than CR-1 and IR-1 P3

What type of visa?

K-1 P3 is much different than CR-1 and IR-1 P3

Its a K-1 P3

Give it a week or so and then contact NVC either by phone or email. 603-334-0700 NVCINQUIRY@state.gov Provide them with USCIS case number, and the name an date of birth of beneficiary and petitioner, they will provide you status and the GUZ number assigned.

A week or two after NVC indicates the case has been sent on to Guangzhou, contact them by using email form asking if they have received case, and provide them with updated contact info. http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/immigrant-visa-unit-question.html

Once they indicate P3, then follow the instructions here: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/cn-iv-visaapplyinfo.asp

• Like 1

Give it a week or so and then contact NVC either by phone or email. 603-334-0700 NVCINQUIRY@state.gov Provide them with USCIS case number, and the name an date of birth of beneficiary and petitioner, they will provide you status and the GUZ number assigned.

A week or two after NVC indicates the case has been sent on to Guangzhou, contact them by using email form asking if they have received case, and provide them with updated contact info. http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/immigrant-visa-unit-question.html

Once they indicate P3, then follow the instructions here: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/cn-iv-visaapplyinfo.asp

Correction there - the instructions you receive will come from the consulate. You will log in to the ustraveldocs.com site when you receive the information needed to do so. - and schedule your interview appointment.