Well that was something

My wife called yesterday. She is in China helping her mother get ready for her tourist visa interview. Seems the Great GUZ called and asked them if they could come for their interview a week early. So they did, and with hardly a question asked, my mother-in-law passed. Now they just need to wait to receive the visa. Ain't that something?!

Congratulations! It looks from your timeline that your wife is now a US citizen. Is that correct?

Would you be able to provide any other info on your MIL's situation in China? As in, does she have any other sons or daughters, is her husband still around, does she still work, did she need to substantiate her finances, has she been out of China before, etc.? The reason I ask is that my MIL is also getting ready to apply for a tourist visa, and I'm curious about the comparability of their situations. Thanks!

Congratulations! It looks from your timeline that your wife is now a US citizen. Is that correct?

Would you be able to provide any other info on your MIL's situation in China? As in, does she have any other sons or daughters, is her husband still around, does she still work, did she need to substantiate her finances, has she been out of China before, etc.? The reason I ask is that my MIL is also getting ready to apply for a tourist visa, and I'm curious about the comparability of their situations. Thanks!

The requirement is they need to show ties to China... a reason for returning... ie. own property or a business.

The requirement is they need to show ties to China... a reason for returning... ie. own property or a business.

It's helpful to hear from someone's direct eXperience in cases like this - hopefully, MikeXiao can come back and post about their own ties to China.

It's helpful to hear from someone's direct eXperience in cases like this - hopefully, MikeXiao can come back and post about their own ties to China.

This is my wife and my direct experience in attempting to have her sisters visit us.

Just because you don't like me Randy, I would appreciate that you don't make assumptions and please try and attempt to restrain your contempt.

This is my wife and my direct experience in attempting to have her sisters visit us.

Just because you don't like me Randy, I would appreciate that you don't make assumptions and please try and attempt to restrain your contempt.

Dennis, you really ARE senile.

Senile? Randy, I thought it was just a good case of multiple personality disorder. I don't think any of the Dennis's are senile. :victory:

tsap seui

You could be right. :secret:

Well would you look at that... it's a lovefest between Ronny and Randy. :wub: Who'd ever think that I'd be able to bring these two together. :lol:

Lovefest?? :yay: Well, I guess the secret is out now...yes, Randy and I have been an item, every since Randy broke up with the 3 Dennis's :) :( :angry: and gave them back their mood rings.

tsap seui