CR - 1 VISA IN HAND, NOW WHAT IS NEXT?

Fortunately, got my visa in 2 days. Now i have new set of questions...hehehe...the never ending question...

1. My case number in the visa seems like had 2 additional numbers in the end, is it normal?

2. Since i have already SSN, what should i do after POE?

3. When to apply Adjustment of Status or Removal of Conditions? (confused, sorry if my question is wrong)

4. When to Change my Name?

5. Should i pay the Immigrant fee before flying to the US?

Any additional Infos are very much appreciated...

AGAIN, THANK YOU ALL!!!! FROM US THE GRAVES!!!

1 not sure of extra numbers

2 you will need to pay a fee online to USCIS to get them to produce a 2 year green card. POE will explain this.

3 no AOS removal of conditions comes 2 years after arrival in the states, unless you reach two years of marriage before using the visa to come to the states, if that happens you get a 10 year card with no conditions to remove. SSN does not change, however once have green card visit SSA office and update them on immigration status.

4 should have changed name before. To do it now will involve added paperwork and fees, best to do and them remove conditions using married name.

5 yes you can pay the fee now or after entry to get green card

1 not sure of extra numbers

2 you will need to pay a fee online to USCIS to get them to produce a 2 year green card. POE will explain this.

3 no AOS removal of conditions comes 2 years after arrival in the states, unless you reach two years of marriage before using the visa to come to the states, if that happens you get a 10 year card with no conditions to remove. SSN does not change, however once have green card visit SSA office and update them on immigration status.

4 should have changed name before. To do it now will involve added paperwork and fees, best to do and them remove conditions using married name.

5 yes you can pay the fee now or after entry to get green card

for example:

case number: GZO2*********01.....01 are the 2 numbers, are urs the same? or maybe because i have an SSN already or alien number?

Edited by MRS. GRAVESTEY (see edit history)

Is not same as A# or SSN the number you are referring to is DOS case number not sure what the appended Nebraska is about.

USCIS will assign A# when ther generate green card after arriving in the states, and you already have SSN it never changes.

Is not same as A# or SSN the number you are referring to is DOS case number not sure what the appended Nebraska is about.

USCIS will assign A# when ther generate green card after arriving in the states, and you already have SSN it never changes.

I am talking about the immigrant visa IV Case Number attached on my passport that have 2 added numbers, so it is normal?....and in the paper attached to the packet there is the ''Immigrant Data Summary'' below it says A-Number : A****** , same as urs too? Thank you

New one that A# is your Alien Registration Number, note the Visa+Entry stamp at the POE will serve as a temporary green-card after you arrive in the states. You can use this to land a job and travel before you receive an actual card in the mail.

The added number may have to do with derivatives, such as perhaps a sibling getting their visa (01) and the derivatives (Spouse (02), Children (03...)) in the case where one petition case covered more than one immigrant, another case would be K-1 fiancee K-2 Child, K-1 would be 01 and K-2 would be 02, since they both would be covered on same petition and case.) Using logic IMO

I don't think we've heard back from anyone who's had to pay the new green card fee. Would you let us know how that goes? I expect it'll be fairly trouble-free, although it can't be fun to have to part with the extra money.

Hi Randy, yes you have to pay $165 for the USCIS Immigration Visa Processing Fee (instructions attached to the visa packet) after receiving the visa and before entering the United States. It started sometime in February this year, and should be paid online,

Edited by MRS. GRAVESTEY (see edit history)

I don't think we've heard back from anyone who's had to pay the new green card fee. Would you let us know how that goes? I expect it'll be fairly trouble-free, although it can't be fun to have to part with the extra money.

I paid the fee online last week sometime.

1) go to the website provided

2) fill in all beneficiary's information (name, A#, case #, etc.)

3) Choose form of payment, checking/savings acct or credit card

4) enter e-mail address

5) e-mail confirmation arrives seconds later

Strange thing is that the confirmation only has my payment info on it, not the info of the beneficiary etc. It does however have tracking numbers and ID numbers and says to call USCIS with questions.

We'll see what happens at POE and beyond for our card to arrive.

• 8 months later...

Has anyone run into any problems (at POE, getting green card, etc.) if they waited to pay the immigration fee until after arriving?

They will delay card production until the fee is paid. I'm guessing it's probably best to pay that in advance to keep things on a normal footing, but that it probably happens often enough to not be an issue.