Everything went according to plan. My reams of paperwork paid off. Questions that were asked.

To my wife:

1. Who is your petitioner?
  2. Where are you going to live in the US?
  3. Who is Co-Sponsor?
  4. Where will your cosponsor?
  5. Are you going to work in the US? What kind of work?
  6. How many marriages have you and your husband had?
  7. Are you a member of the CCP?
  8. Where have you been with your husband? (Travel)
  9. Did you read the pamphlet? What was it about?

Question for my stepdaughter:

1. How old are are you?
  2. Favorite Subject in school?
  3. Where do you go to school?
  4. What are your hobbies?

Easy interview according to the ladies?

Now what do we do next? Is there anything we need to do before heading to the states?

Don't forget to pay the green card fee (although you can do this after you get to the states - but green card production won't start until you do). See your other thread

Congratulations!

http://i28.tinypic.com/2mruqv6.jpg

Congratulations !!

http://i1.tinypic.com/3ygwmdz.gif

Now what do we do next? Is there anything we need to do before heading to the states?

OK new problem when do I pay for the visa online? The wife says I do not pay till after we receive the passports back in the mail. This just doesn't seem right to me?

http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/45020-received-noa-what-next/?p=599047

OK new problem when do I pay for the visa online? The wife says I do not pay till after we receive the passports back in the mail. This just doesn't seem right to me?

You've already paid for the visa. The only fee remaining is the green card fee, which you can pay any time.

I checked the box to issue a social security card. Does that come with the green card or is there something else that needs to be done? Looking forward to getting everything going for the green card.

Since my fathers address has changed from the DS-230 to now, when do I fill out the AR-11 form? After I pay for the green card or before?

I checked the box to issue a social security card. Does that come with the green card or is there something else that needs to be done? Looking forward to getting everything going for the green card.

Since my fathers address has changed from the DS-230 to now, when do I fill out the AR-11 form? After I pay for the green card or before?

MRS Gravisty indicated visas also have an A# noted on them, if they do, then yes file the AR-11 now, this can be handled online here: https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa.Terms This will ensure that green-card is delivered to a correct address.

SSN should be generated sometime 2-4 weeks after arrival and will come separately from the green-card because SSA handles SSN card, and USCIS handles green-cards. If the SSN fails to show up, you can visit SSA office sometime after 3 weeks and apply for the cards.

I just wanted to note that on the instructions the embassy gives you after your approval it does say NOT TO pay the green card ($165) fee until AFTER you receive your passport and packet in the mail.

Correct, kind of hard to pay USCIS imigration fee without the visa/passports in hand, the visas have the A # noted on them which will be needed in order to pay the immigration fee.

I just wanted to note that on the instructions the embassy gives you after your approval it does say NOT TO pay the green card ($165) fee until AFTER you receive your passport and packet in the mail.

Correct, kind of hard to pay USCIS imigration fee without the visa/passports in hand, the visas have the A # noted on them which will be needed in order to pay the immigration fee.

A little tidbit that's good to know, however. Thanks for reporting back since you're some of the first to have to pay the fee.

ACTUALLY: you are given your A# at the time of your approval which is written at the top of the paper, along with your case number, you are handed with the approval and instructions of how to pay the fee online, so it is completely possible to pay it before you get your passport back...(just don't do it till you get your packet returned!)

Edited by TnN (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Received the passports and brown envelopes today. Now to pay for those green cards.

Kind of confused on the AR11 they are asking how long lived at address and where entered into the US. What should I put in this area since neither of them have ever been to the US. Also the address that I list should it be my dad's address where I want the green card to go or to my house? Should it be my dad's address first then mine as Last Address?

Also should I leave blank the entry into the US boxes since neither of them have ever been in the US before?