Here we go again; 9 months and no visa!

Your case requires additional processing. We will contact you by mail to inform you of our decision when we finish the processing. Is this normal, or do I have cause for concern? The first part of our K-1 application went through surprisingly fast from application on June 4, 2012 to interview in Guangzhou on October 31, 2012. Instead of getting a visa, my fiancée received a blue sheet requesting my last 3 tax returns and a co-sponsor affidavit I-134. GZ received these additional documents the end of November 2012.

GZ called my fiancée 3 months later on February 28, 2013 and asked her questions about my previous marriage. When was my previous marriage? (It lasted from May 2003 - April 2011). GZ also said they tried to call me several times, but nobody answered. I checked my phone logs and found no such calls, but there were a couple calls where nobody left a message.

I sent an email to GZ the next day explaining that I could not answer my phone while at work, but I would return their call if they left a message. I asked them to call my cell phone late at night (daytime in GZ) and I would be happy to answer any questions they had for me. It is now March 10, 2013, and we have been waiting 3 ½ months for GZ to look at the new documents they received from me and render a decision on our case.

In boldface caps on the US Consulate GZ website it reads,” REPEATED EMAILS PUSH BACK YOUR INQUIRY DATE AND CREATE A DELAY IN OUR RESPONSE TIME TO YOUR CASE.” My patience so far has not yielded a visa or a decision. Do you think it is time to start bothering them like back in the BH days of 2002? Or is it so different in 2013 that I can do nothing but wait for GZ to force me to choose between love and country? Surely there is someone else on Candle going or gone through this situation. I welcome any insight.

I think any time you receive a blue slip you will be looking at 3 or 4 months processing wait. My wife (fiancee at the time) had her interview in GZ on 3/30. She received a blue slip for CCP and we heard nothing at all until 7/1. I emailed, called, emailed, called........and never got an update. I was able to get one person on the phone to tell me her CCP processing check had been completed. Took us 10 months from the time we applied to when we had her visa in hand. Hang in there.

Edited by Mr. Don (see edit history)

I would not count the time from filing the I-129F as part of the waiting time, it has been only 4 months since interview, typical post interview AP process tends to be 4 months or so, sometimes longer, sometimes shorter.

• Like 1

I emailed, called, emailed, called........and never got an update. I was able to get one person on the phone to tell me her CCP processing check had been completed. Took us 10 months from the time we applied to when we had her visa in hand. Hang in there.

What I am wondering most is, will it really "push back my inquiry date and delay response time to our case" if I send repeated emails? Do they really expect me to just sit "patiently" and say nothing?

Oh, darn! That bumped me off the lucky number "888" in total posts.

Edited by AZwolfman (see edit history)
  • Like 1