Interview in less than 2 weeks?!

Although I'm prepared for our interview, we were notified with less than 2 weeks until our interview. Is this very common? Is it because we are DCF? I was hoping for a bit more prep time or ability to plan work and travel a bit better. Also, just curious, if I was to reschedule, let's say I tell them the week after, would there be a big problem with that? Do you think it'd be too risky that I may have to wait longer?

I guess I'm venting a bit because I feel a little hurried....

We weren't DCF and were given 2 1/2 weeks notice of our interview date. Yes, you can easily change your interview date.

We changed ours due to our son being in school. We weren't very optimistic of the interview results and decided the original date wasn't worth the harm it would do him by taking off his schooling for a week, should we get told no again.

As I recall we asked them to cancel the original date and move it back a month or two. Even gave them a date. Their letter in responce to your request change will tell you they can not guarantee any dates. We lucked out, gave them enough time with their scheduling and got the exact date we requisted.

With that said, your new date could be months off. There will be no rhyme or reason with it. I do seriously doubt you can move it a week or two back. When you go to the interview and see the long lines each day you'll see just why that may be a long shot.

Honestly, when that interview letter with it's date hits you, it often seems like "it's too quick, we've got too many things to go over". Really, other than logistics, you are probably ready for the interview today....LOL

Maybe take a deep breath.....and think this over. They WILL happily change dates, the new one may look too long.

Good luck with the interview.

tsap seui

We were given 2 1/2 weeks also and boy is it tough to find a deal on tickets to fly to China, best i could do was 1400 round trip. I have sent in my visa application and in 12 years of travel to China I have never had so much paperwork to do to apply for a Chinese visa and really not sure I will get it.

pbatt 1400 is about what i paid for round trip in december so that doesnt surprise me. luckily we are already in China, just need to get to GUZ, but Beijing to GUZ is expensive because they know its a common trip and they can get the money for it no matter how long you plan. Is the paperwork for your visa due to expedite or a change in requirements? I know that China has been changing requirements recently...good luck to you!

It is part of the changes from last August 1st. usually this time of year i can find better prices for travel since mid february and march is usually not a peak time for travel to china. have you tried e-long or ctrip for a cheaper flight from beijing, sometimes can catch a good discount.

Good Luck with your interview.

• Like 1

Exactly, see about a RT to a major port city like Beijing Shanghai or Hong Kong, and look for discount domestic flights with Chinese travel agents.

On my travels to China I found inbound through Shanghai and exit via Beijing to be best for me via United through Chicago, booking it as a "multi-city" booking domestic using China Highlights travel.