DACA - The new "black hole"?

Get ready. Since DACA went into effect, it went from "we won't process these petitions until fees collected allow hiring of additional resources" and "These petitions will take 3-6 months to process" to nearly IMMEDIATE approvals (over 100,000 so far), nearly 500,000 applications received, and as many as 600,000 still expected. CSC is practically at a standstill and slowing. Couple that with potential for more chaos from any comprehensive package passing this year and some people are going to be in for a loooooong wait. It is nice to know that these are being prioritized over petitions filed by american CITIZENS, and accellerated beyond capacity of the USCIS to use due dilligance, while we are scrutinized under a microscope and made to wait. These folks are already here and have been here for years. God forbid they had to wait another 6 months for a work permit. I'm so pissed right now. If you check the USCIS website for case status, it now says they won't even have new cases online for 30-45 days after receiving them. Just a month ago it was pretty much the same day. They are being overwhelmed. Political pressure has dictated what is to be priority, and it's not us. Good luck to everyone waiting.

undefined acronym craziness!

That's why I defined it in the site's acronym expansion system, notice the light underlines under acronyms in posts, hover a mouse over the acronym. ;)

• Like 1

undefined acronym craziness!

That's why I defined it in the site's acronym expansion system, notice the light underlines under acronyms in posts, hover a mouse over the acronym. ;)

Thanks! Stinks that the USA govt. is just now acting on this and disrupting all other cases. They should have done this long ago.

Unfortunately DHS falls in the Executive Branch of the government, thus POTUS can order them to do what ever for political reasons, it is an end-run around the normal process of legislating this through congress first.

IMO this has good intentions, to not punish undocumented aliens for the actions of their parents.

However it should only apply if they were brought into the USA at a very young age perhaps no older than pre-adolescent age, (younger than age 12), which could be established through records such as public schools, then if they have not broken any laws, they should be offered a route to lawful residence and eventually citizenship, and this should not be used as a route to eventually allow immigration to the parents that illegally immigrated bringing the child into the USA.

Also, this should never take priority over petitions, and applications filed by US Citizens, and lawful permanent residents.

Profoundly sorry to hear this.

It quit being the America we grew up in a few years ago.

Where have all the good old boys gone,

long time passing

The answer my friend....

it's blowin' in the wind

the answer is blowin' in the wind

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

What was political about Dan's post? Looked to me like he was simply explaining the process that was eefin' things up for American citizen's applications. A very nice explanation, if I may say so.

tsap seui

What was political about Dan's post? Looked to me like he was simply explaining the process that was eefin' things up for American citizen's applications. A very nice explanation, if I may say so.

tsap seui

A political part was highlighted in Fu Lai's quote - hopefully, we can resist the temptation to open the door to political discussion.

• Like 1

Not naming names, not blaming parties, just pointing out that this is an example how the government is not supposed to run, and the repercussions (Delays in cases filed by lawful citizens and residents), ultimately it boils down to politics.

• Like 1

or "we will now process people who were at the front of the line but ..." - ya know this is a long story ... better just leave it at, it is going to cause delays to other immigration cases now that the govt. is going to process these ones. IMO. It was bound to happen and it is probably good for the USA to do it.

Will the people at the back of the line please move to the front of the line :bullshit:

tsap seui

A political part was highlighted in Fu Lai's quote - hopefully, we can resist the temptation to open the door to political discussion.

Oh....okay....so Fu Lai brought up the political stuff...shame shame shame lol