Valentine's Day is a sweet holiday

Personally I like this sweet holiday...

Chinese spend big for Valentine's Daychinadaily.com.cn

A recent survey showed that Chinese spending on Valentine's Day has surpassed that in some Eastern European countries.

Spending on jewelry for a Valentine's gift in China reached $350, which is apparently higher than that of some other countries. Russians will spend the most for a Valentine's dinner, at around $200, while in China, the budget of Valentine's dinner amounts to $40, slightly higher than in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.

The survey was conducted by Home Credit, a Czech financial company that has tapped China's consumer finance market since 2007, in the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Belarus, Russia, Kazakhstan, China, Vietnam and India.

Couple marks 83rd Chinese Valentine together
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/photo/images/attachement/jpg/site1/20120822/0023ae606e66119ecd5203.jpg

Gong Deyun, 99, threads mianguo, a local snack food, with his wife, Sun Yucui, 102, to celebrate Qixi Festival at their home in East China's Shandong province, Aug 21, 2012. The couple got married in 1930 and had six children. Qixi, or the seventh day of the seventh lunar month, is now referred to as Chinese Valentine's Day. [Photo/Xinhua]

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/photo/images/attachement/jpg/site1/20120822/0023ae606e66119ecd5304.jpg

Gong Deyun, 99, presents his wife, Sun Yucui, with flowers for Qixi, a traditional day of romance in China, Aug 21, 2012. [Photo/Xinhua]

• 2 weeks later...

...she loved it.

Waste money

Our's is a house of two cultures and we try to blend them without selfishness. I go along with us 2-3000RMB+ spent on CNY gifts and she goes along with us spending 500-1000RMB+ on xmas and valentine's day. Etc. We are happy if each other is happy. If there is no happiness then it is a waste, but there is happiness so it is all good.

Many Chinese in China spend so much more on xmas, CNY and valentine's day.

She got me some pastries for valentine's day.

Edited by Fu Lai (see edit history)