Visa invitation letter

Hello, I just got back my 2 year visa. This is the first time I have gotten a two year yisa. I used the Oasis Chinese Visa service( They are based in Washington, D.C.):

www.Oasischinavisa.com

I have used them before and other have mentioned them before.

I think I sent them my application the Monday before Thanksgiving. I got an email from them that I need to send them a copy of my wife's National ID card, front and back. I didn't have it initially because I had lost it in cyber space. I had my Lao Po send me a copy again and forward it to Oasis.

So on my Visa it is good from Dec 2 2013 to Dec 2 2015. It is labeled as a Q2 visa. It is good for multiple entries (M). Each entry is good for 60 days.

I send Oasis the following things:

1. My visa application.

2. A colored passport type photo.

3. My Red marriage book.

4. My passport.

5. A copy of my wife's National ID card. Front and back

6. A copy of my wife's current passport. Front and back

7. An invitational email from my wife . It was in both in Chinese and English. She gave the particulars of my trip. We are planning to go to Xi'an but did not have plane tickets or hotel reservations. I so stated that in my explanation.

8. A copy of my plane Itinerary.

9. I charged everything on line. Sorry I don't remember the exact amount but it was about $250. I did a rush service and had Oasis send it back to me by Fed-ex one day service.

I felt Oasis did a good job for me. Of course they charge for their service but for me it was worth it. They checked my documentation and found that I was the ID card photo. If I had done this whole thing my self I would have had to taken 2 days off from work and travel down to NYC and also gotten everything correct. This work out for me.

Thanks to this site and Oasis I am "good to go" (visa wise) for either two or possible trip to China. Danb

60 days? Are you planning to stay in China long-term? If that's the case not really sure if making the visa jump out and back is something you're looking forward to. Would love to hear more details about your situation.

Hello, I just got back my 2 year visa. This is the first time I have gotten a two year yisa. I used the Oasis Chinese Visa service( They are based in Washington, D.C.):

www.Oasischinavisa.com

I have used them before and other have mentioned them before.

I think I sent them my application the Monday before Thanksgiving. I got an email from them that I need to send them a copy of my wife's National ID card, front and back. I didn't have it initially because I had lost it in cyber space. I had my Lao Po send me a copy again and forward it to Oasis.

So on my Visa it is good from Dec 2 2013 to Dec 2 2015. It is labeled as a Q2 visa. It is good for multiple entries (M). Each entry is good for 60 days.

I send Oasis the following things:

1. My visa application.

2. A colored passport type photo.

3. My Red marriage book.

4. My passport.

5. A copy of my wife's National ID card. Front and back

6. A copy of my wife's current passport. Front and back

7. An invitational email from my wife . It was in both in Chinese and English. She gave the particulars of my trip. We are planning to go to Xi'an but did not have plane tickets or hotel reservations. I so stated that in my explanation.

8. A copy of my plane Itinerary.

9. I charged everything on line. Sorry I don't remember the exact amount but it was about $250. I did a rush service and had Oasis send it back to me by Fed-ex one day service.

I felt Oasis did a good job for me. Of course they charge for their service but for me it was worth it. They checked my documentation and found that I was the ID card photo. If I had done this whole thing my self I would have had to taken 2 days off from work and travel down to NYC and also gotten everything correct. This work out for me.

Thanks to this site and Oasis I am "good to go" (visa wise) for either two or possible trip to China. Danb

60 days? Are you planning to stay in China long-term? If that's the case not really sure if making the visa jump out and back is something you're looking forward to. Would love to hear more details about your situation.

I always do 2 years 180 day stay.

With father in law gone and mother in law up in the years ya never know when you might need to jump the pond.

I always keep my visa up to date just for this reason.

and with 180 day stay this is plenty of time to take care of things.

Plus with 180 day stay, I just might decide not to come home one day.

danb, Congrats on your visa.

Edited by NUWORLD (see edit history)

The length of stays seem to be quite a bit shorter these days, and may be somewhat based on the itinerary you provide. I also think they're moving more in the direction of letting the local PSB administer these things - that is, you would apply for a longer term visa once you get there.

The way that I see it is that the cost for getting a visa for one visit vs two visits or three visits in a 730 days ( 365 X 2 time) period is the same. Actually the more visits the cheaper it is. Also you only have to go thru the application process one time. As far as the 60 days. Typically I jam all my yearly vacation time, sick time and shutdown into one vacation. It usually adds up to about 33- 35 days. This time it is adding up to 42 + days. I think the choices for me were 30 and 60 days. The Oasis site states " For the stay of durations, it’s normally 30 days; however, the visa office also may grand it for 60 days; "

I pretty much know that my stays will be over 30 days. but under 60 days. l would love to stay longer but work will not allow it. The only possible way if there are furloughs at work and if I combine them and my vacation time I might be able to get close to a 60 day stay. It would be interesting to see what a long term stay would be like. Right now I am just experiencing a great longer vacation, not a stay if you know what I mean. I have to believe that it is different. A vacation vs a stay? One day i hope iIget the chance. Danb

• 2 months later...

Hi, tried searching for answers, but no luck. maybe someone can help me with a quick question?

I am a US Citizen trying to get a Chinese Visa to go China to visit my wife's parents. My wife has been with me in US for almost a year and she just got her green card few months ago. Can my wife write the invitation letter as long as she has her and china passport and ID (Before she moved to the US, she lived with her parents. so same address)?

Thanks everyone!

Hi, tried searching for answers, but no luck. maybe someone can help me with a quick question?

I am a US Citizen trying to get a Chinese Visa to go China to visit my wife's parents. My wife has been with me in US for almost a year and she just got her green card few months ago. Can my wife write the invitation letter as long as she has her and china passport and ID (Before she moved to the US, she lived with her parents. so same address)?

Thanks everyone!

Yep, several have done this without problem.

Thanks everyone!

We get differing reports on what is "required", thanks to many visa services who impose their own requirements. I've even heard of some requiring a postmark to prove that it was issued inside China. If this happens, you can simply try a different visa service.

You should be able to use the letter from your wife with no problem, especially if you are going to the consulate yourself. But the most expedient approach might be to submit the letter from your wife, while having an emailed letter handy from someone physically "inside China" as a backup.

Thanks guys! I will go the consulate myself in NY.

Just for my sanity check, for the invitation letter, it would be okay to use this template? http://www.visarite.com/images/china_visa/sample_tourist_invitation_by_individuals.pdf

except i mention "inviting my husband to visit my parents". and she lives in US. this is okay?

also, do you think i can apply for 2 year visa to save money and hassle since we will probably visit once a year?

Thanks guys! I will go the consulate myself in NY.

Just for my sanity check, for the invitation letter, it would be okay to use this template? http://www.visarite.com/images/china_visa/sample_tourist_invitation_by_individuals.pdf

except i mention "inviting my husband to visit my parents". and she lives in US. this is okay?

also, do you think i can apply for 2 year visa to save money and hassle since we will probably visit once a year?

You will need to mention that your wife is a Chinese citizen. Include a copy of her Chinese ID and your marriage certificate

Thanks everyone!

Klo:

I have always had my wife write up the invitation letter for me every time i renew my Chinese visa.

In fact just last year (10 months ago) my wife wrote up a invitation letter for my friend that also traveled with us.

I have never had a problem doing this.

You may want to read this pined topic i stared a while back.

read the whole thread and pay attention to post #24

24 month multiple entry tourist visa

Having your wife write up the invitation letter is very easy for she will know all the info needed.

Address,phone numbers,and sites to see.

Not sure where your located at but https://www.oasischinavisa.com/ is a very good service.

I always them and they are great.

There are some sample invitation letters on the net.

some will work and some will not depending what service you use.

But i do know this one will work with Oasis china visa service.

Invitation Letter for Tourist Visa

The invitation letter should contain:

(1) Information on the applicant (full name, gender, date of birth, etc.)

(2) Information on the planned visit (arrival and departure dates, place(s) to be visited, etc.)

(3) Information on the inviting entity or individual (name, contact telephone number, address, official stamp, signature of the legal representative or the inviting individual)

(4) Inviter's Chinese ID copy. (front & back)

• 7 months later...

I've never had to do so much paper work for any visa in my life...this includes the old USSR, back in the cold war days. Four page form, color photograph, invitation letter, their ID cards (front & back), xerox of my passport & marriage book, wifes passport. My son-in-law used a form for the invitation and this was rejected and now they have to hand write the letter. I have had 5 China visas that cost much less money and have made 12 trips. I should be in the data bank by now. I've used Oasis many times and it would take them 11 days to get my visa to me. I asked if this increase in red tape was because of homeland security or terrorism in the world, but got no answer or conversation. Growl! :angry:

I've never had to do so much paper work for any visa in my life...this includes the old USSR, back in the cold war days. Four page form, color photograph, invitation letter, their ID cards (front & back), xerox of my passport & marriage book, wifes passport. My son-in-law used a form for the invitation and this was rejected and now they have to hand write the letter. I have had 5 China visas that cost much less money and have made 12 trips. I should be in the data bank by now. I've used Oasis many times and it would take them 11 days to get my visa to me. I asked if this increase in red tape was because of homeland security or terrorism in the world, but got no answer or conversation. Growl! :angry:

Was it Oasis that rejected the letter, or the consulate? You might try a different visa service, or going to the consulate yourself. We often find that the visa service is more restrictive than the consulate would be.

We rarely hear of anyone's invitation letter being rejected - there are many forms available on the Internet. Some services have required hand-written letters, or even postmarks from within China, although it's unclear which requirements are set by the visa services and which are actually required by the consulate(s).

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Was it Oasis that rejected the letter, or the consulate? You might try a different visa service, or going to the consulate yourself. We often find that the visa service is more restrictive than the consulate would be.

We rarely hear of anyone's invitation letter being rejected - there are many forms available on the Internet. Some services have required hand-written letters, or even postmarks from within China, although it's unclear which requirements are set by the visa services and which are actually required by the consulate(s).

I just when down this road a few months ago for bob.

We also used a form from online and it too was rejected.

All invitations letters MUST be hand written from now on.

We always use Oasis and was told that it must be hand written or the consulate will reject it.