Medical Question for Child of K-1

We are wondering if the 17 year old child must also have the medical done prior to the interview.  Does anybody have direct knowledge?  Thanks.

Louis

That's a big 10-4, buddy.......fees and all.

Ahhh, thought so. Thanks for confirming!

Do you know about school records for when the child (Pei) gets to USA? Where do they begin, is there testing or?

Louis

We are wondering if the 17 year old child must also have the medical done prior to the interview.  Does anybody have direct knowledge?  Thanks.

Louis

Jingwen's two kids, ages 18 and 20, had medical exams and had to pay the visa fees, complete all the applications, etc. Except for their classification (K-2), they were treated just like Jingwen.

Louis

Jingwen's two kids, ages 18 and 20, had medical exams and had to pay the visa fees, complete all the applications, etc. Except for their classification (K-2), they were treated just like Jingwen.

Frank,

But isn't there some difference between under/over 18? Mei's daughter was included on the original I-129 K-1, we filled out a seperate form in the P3 for her. We have the birth cert and police cert for her. Do you think along witht the medical that will do it?

Louis

Louis

Frank,

But isn't there some difference between under/over 18? Mei's daughter was included on the original I-129 K-1, we filled out a seperate form in the P3 for her. We have the birth cert and police cert for her. Do you think along witht the medical that will do it?

Louis

I don't know if there's a difference between 17 and 18. Minghao, the son, was 17 when we started. He turned 18 last October. When Jingwen went for the medical exams, the kids had to go too. Like you, she completed the P3 forms for the kids and did the same when the P4 arrived. I think the kids forms wre virtually identical. Of course, neither had to complete the intent to marry form although it was included in their P4.

The kids supporting documents were their birth certificates, police certificates, and their medical results. The hospital said the daughter needed a singleness certificate since she was 20, but the consulate did not ask for this - a good thing since we didn't get one for her.

The kids supporting documents were their birth certificates, police certificates, and their medical results.  The hospital said the daughter needed a singleness certificate since she was 20, but the consulate did not ask for this - a good thing since we didn't get one for her.

Frank,

OK got it thanks. One more question. Did they do the medical in GZ? If so how long for the results?

Louis

The kids supporting documents were their birth certificates, police certificates, and their medical results.  The hospital said the daughter needed a singleness certificate since she was 20, but the consulate did not ask for this - a good thing since we didn't get one for her.

Frank,

OK got it thanks. One more question. Did they do the medical in GZ? If so how long for the results?

Louis

All three went to Guangzhou for the medical (33 Shamian - International Travel Health Center). Results took five days, but I don't know if this was designed to coincide with the interview date.

They went back to the hospital on the day before the interview to get the medical results and to give the hospital folks all the P4 documents. Jingwen and the kids got their medical "book" with the results along with the x-rays. All the P4 documents were then sealed in brown envelopes, one for each application, by the hospital staff and given to Jingwen to take to the interview the next day.

All three went to Guangzhou for the medical (33 Shamian - International Travel Health Center).  Results took five days, but I don't know if this was designed to coincide with the interview date.

Frank, thanks for the info.

Anybody else have a similiar wait time for the the hospital results?

Louis

That's a big 10-4, buddy.......fees and all.

Ahhh, thought so. Thanks for confirming!

Do you know about school records for when the child (Pei) gets to USA? Where do they begin, is there testing or?

Louis

Good question. I haven't a clue. We enrolled JM's 10 year old boy in a "private" Chinese school here in Vegas. In the morning, he works on his English and does in Chinese in the PM. I'm hoping it all helps in the transition into regular school.

I want to call the school district soon and ask about testing. Normally, he'd start the 5th grade in Sepember. But, if he starts in the fourth, I'll have no heartburn about that. What's the hurry anyway? I'd rather see him make mistakes early on and then get into the groove. I don't ever remember putting grade school GPAs on resumes, ya know. All that's important is that he gets to high school had has the best chance of succeeding there.

Anyone,

If the child is less than 17, say 15 years old, and she is not coming to USA, does she need to do the medical exam for the interview?

If she NEVER plans on coming to the States, then nothing is needed. If, on the other hand, she plans to follow later, she'll have to go to GZ prior to receiving the K-2/K-4 visa.

Special Note: if there are any plans for the daughter to come to the States, do it at the same time the K-1/K-3 visa is issued. You'll save yourself a ton of headaches.