Compiling instant messages

'Tis I again. I have a question on this instant message thing.

First off, even though we've known each other for two years this December, our current QQ chat log only goes back to April of this year. Is this a disaster?

Secondly, how exactly am I supposed to choose the exchanges from our chat history? Should I look for long exchanges where we're making plans for the future or expression affection? And can I simply paste these into a Word document with the given date, is that good enough? How long should this be, the more the better or less is more?

One more thing. Even though our log history only goes back to April of this year, we have had exchanges on QQ Space (kind of like the Facebook-like extension of the QQ instant messenger program) which are still there. Can I take screenshots of those exchanges and use them?

I just want to make sure I compile and format this exactly as they would like to see it.

Thanks!

Edited by Invictus (see edit history)

I printed out the non-obscene ... er I mean sample discussions at different dates.

We did not provide a lot of message text, and same with email I just submitted about 10 with varying dates across a spectrum of time.

We were CR/1 though and already had property purchased in both our names which I think was more persuasive than the messages would be.

Samples of various conversations spanning the relationship is fine, and a log showing how often you conversed is sufficient, no need for a phone book size petition.

you might see if she has the entire conversation on her computer, I only had a year on mine but LiYuans had both years on hers, she just saved it as a pdf and sent it to me, worked fine.

I tried picking and choosing random conversations throughout our time together but I got RFE'd so I sent the whole works of everything. 800 pages printed double sided of QQ plus 130 e-mail pages double sided and 98 pages double sided and over 600 pictures printed 4 to a page. The RFE was 8 inches thick but got approved.

My original application was 2 inches thick, so i have no idea what happened, thought I was covered but I guess the RFE overwhelmed them.

Your chat history does not matter to GUZ and they will likely not ask for it at all.

Look at the history of interview questions and requests: Pictures. Relationship questions, etc.

You need to focus on the evidence which matters to GUZ... not to your thinking alone.

Think like a VO: What are they going to ask her for?

I don't disagree as I am not arguing against "paper" but an understanding of what that paper means (or doesn't mean) to the VO.

Many believe 10,000 pages is supposed to prove something to a VO... so the thinking starts off on the wrong foot. I would encourage USCs to understand what the VO is asking for and why...