Pretty cool

Fengqi and I watched a short video of a take-off and some landings on Chinertucky's renovated carrier Liaoning. I was more excited than he was. :rotfl:

I thought it was pretty neat to see their plane catch the hook on their carrier. I had seen the story about the carrier on one of my trips over and have loosely kept up with it's progress from being towed to Dalian, outfitted, and sea trials. I don't in any way equate it to any of our carriers and they are pretty late joining the carrier countries, but nonetheless, my hat is off to them and I enjoyed watching the video. Good for them.

tsap seui

Something exciting about watching the Chinese get started. Good for them.

It's hilarious, they don't need a carrier, or even a single AK-47 to bring us to our knees....and they probably own any of our carriers that were built in recent years. I've laughed about the silly thought of just striping and abandoning some of our older carriers and towing them to China as payment on our trillions of debt we owe them.

Here ya go boyz, you just need a few trillion dollars worth of planes and support ships and you too can ride around playing policeman to the world....we'll even lend you some money to outfit them with, whatcha say? :victory: The PRC Tiny Hiney, or (even though it's a Korean idea, it seems fitting somehow) the PRC Gangnam Style. :rotfl:

tsap seui

I'd like to hear the unfiltered thoughts, both before and after, of the first Chinese pilot to take off and land on their carrier. Just because you know other nations have done it before couldn't have made an already very difficult task any easier. Congratulations PRC Navy. Now you can protect all those new islands on the passport maps and the new prefecture city.