Ling Passed the Interview

Hello Friends

Ling just passed her Visa interview , there was a typical S. N. A. F. U. with the government with 1 form I submitted then they say they only wanted the other long form of the Document. ( I-864 EZ)

I was able to resubmit the form and they will process Ling's visa in 3 days .

We plan to relax in Shenzhen then fly to her home and return to the USA on the 17th .

be careful when you come to China for the interview . It is very important that you attend the interview . it could save months if something were to go wrong.

Michael & Ling

Congrats,

What exactly you mean by long form? You mean they had a problem with you using the I-864EZ, and demanded that you use the I-864? If that is the case, sounds like typical GUZ document intake people, it seems they are not familiar with the I-864EZ and demand the I-864, which is incorrect.

I-864EZ can be used when (Only sponsoring one immigrant, not using assets, AND not using a joint sponsor). AS NOTED on DOS website: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3197.html

Probably good for others to know this, and limit use of I-864EZ to AOS from K-1 or other non-immigrant visa in the USA.

Congratulations OP!

What exactly you mean by long form? You mean they had a problem with you using the I-864EZ, and demanded that you use the I-864? If that is the case, sounds like typical GUZ document intake people, it seems they are not familiar with the I-864EZ and demand the I-864, which is incorrect.

I-864EZ can be used when (Only sponsoring one immigrant, not using assets, AND not using a joint sponsor). AS NOTED on DOS website: http://travel.state..../info_3197.html

Probably good for others to know this, and limit use of I-864EZ to AOS from K-1 or other non-immigrant visa in the USA.

I used the I-864EZ and it was accepted with no issues. I had my wife submit a revised one when she went for document intake (I got a raise between the time I submitted the first I-864EZ to the NVC via email and the time her interview took place); document intake personnel accepted the revised EZ form and did not give us any trouble.

Edited by Ryan H (see edit history)