I-693 - vaccinations needed and confusion

Hi all. My general family doctor is also a US Civil Surgeon. I made an appointment with his office to take my wife there for her vaccinations. Since she already had her physical in March for the K1 requirement, I contacted the Dr. and his office manager and let them know that we wont need another physical. He said he is certain we do need another physical in addition to the vaccinations. Any one experience this before and if so, how did you handle it? We clearly don't need another physical but he seems to think we do.

Any help is apprecitated

thanks

This is a very common misconception many doctors have. All the doctor needs to do is READ the I-485 and I-693 instructions...

This is a big reason I started the I-693 thread, it use to say (The good, bad, and ugly)

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad334/dnoblett/Immigration%20Stuff/I-693_1.png

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad334/dnoblett/Immigration%20Stuff/I-693_2.png

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad334/dnoblett/Immigration%20Stuff/I-485Vaccinations.png

Thanks Dan. When I mentioned this to his office manager, she said if I bring in a copy of the medical exam she had the doctor might be able to waive it. This is such a pain

You need to tell them that USCIS already has this, if not done, you could not get the K-1 and K-2 visas in the first place.

Insist that they simply follow what the instructions say, and you will deal with USCIS in the event that USCIS has an issue and sends you a notice asking for full medical.

What I did was bring form instructions with us to doctor, and they tried saying that USCIS will have problem with vaccination record, I said we will take "risk" and USCIS had no issues.

I emailed my Dr. and he said if she only needs vaccinations that it would be cheaper for me to take her to the health dept as their vaccinations are much cheaper than at my doctor's office. I still dont think he understands that he must sign it. I may need to call around to find someone a little more experienced in this.

He is right about cost of vaccinations it is suggested to do that and bring record to civil surgeon so that can be written on to the I-693 form.

So are we better to go to get the vaccinations at the health dept prior to making an appointment with the civil surgeon?

Yep, and/or titer tests for stuff that was already vaccinated for but lack documentation showing. For example Chicken-pox can be tested for through a titer test thus not having to get Verccella vaccination.

List of what is needed is age related.

Wife: (18-64)

• MMR
  • Td
  • Variccella (AKA Chicken Pox)
  • The FLU if in season

Step child age 15.

• Td
  • Polio
  • MMR
  • Hep B
  • Meningococcal (MCV4)
  • Varicella
  • Flu

http://www.cdc.gov/i...tions.html#tbl1

Thanks Dan. Great information! I just called another Dr. on the CS list and they were very accommodating and were very well versed that a second physical is not needed. They even said no appointment is needed and they are open on Saturdays. :happydance:

• Like 1

It has been my experience, unfortunately, that a lot of the Civil Surgeopns are not so honest.

When my wife first came here we got a crooked one for sure that took us to the cleaners, twice. I was going to take issue with him but the wife, jbeing just off the boat, would not have it. She was afraid that he could cause her some trouble. Typical Chinese thinking. So I let it go. To this day it irks me everytine this issue comes up.

Larry

Seems like it should be such a simple thing Larry but I could not convince my doctor that he could certify ONLY the vaccinations and that my wife did not need another physical. Thank God I found this other CS. The journey is never dull...is it? lol

Edited by Mr. Don (see edit history)

Seems like it should be such a simple thing Larry but I could not convince my doctor that he could certify ONLY the vaccinations and that my wife did not need another physical. Thank God I found this other CS. The journey is never dull...is it? lol

Never. It does get better/easier towards the end though. :happydance: At least you are together.

Larry