Recent Divorce and Red Flags

Another thing to consider with a young wife is children. Almost a given she WILL want to make babies, do you? This needs to factor in. A BIG thing in Chinese culture is children however in the states we have the companion mentality and in many cases want just a companion without children, this may be an issue.

Study the problems forum.

Here is a recent topic http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?/topic/45048-help-i-am-too-old-to-have-a-baby/

Another thing to consider with a young wife is children. Almost a given she WILL want to make babies, do you? This needs to factor in. A BIG thing in Chinese culture is children however in the states we have the companion mentality and in many cases want just a companion without children, this may be an issue.

Study the problems forum.

Here is a recent topic http://candleforlove...to-have-a-baby/

Ah yes, this issue is certainly not a simple one. We have discussed it, are in agreement right now, and will continue to discuss it as the relationship grows and the visa issues develop.

come on now be positive, me and my wife had more issues than this, and there are twenty years different between her and me, but it was never brought up,, no need to scare the man

Amen!! Listen to the hip catman's words.

A few of the current posters on here when I first found Candle had pretty easy interviews and they had very similar circumstances to this feller....some much worse as far as how late their actual divorces came about. Some of those guys wound up with wadded panties and bloated egos and they moved on so we can't ask them for their input but it did happen, I read their posts.

Great to see sweattrl1 post his experience.

It's all as simple as...luck. :happydance:

Good luck Roebel. You both have a great, eyes wide open attitude about this dang process. May she get the simple lil' interview so many ahead of her have been given. Have a great time together in this wonderful experience.

tsap seui

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...

I hate when i read things and there's not ending. So I wanted to close the book on this.

Since writing this I went on the visit a total of 4 times during our wait. It seemed like it took forever since we waited through the CSC slow down, and some other paperwork complications including waiting for the consulate to move.

I have learned that on any of these forums there are people that are knowledgeable and helpful, people with their own opinions, and people that just cause you to worry.

I almost broke up with my fiance' because of the advice of others. Basically telling me there wasn't much hope...

So much has changed since i wrote this question, forms have changed, scheduling has changed, and the China consulate has moved to an entirely different location, the point is you won't know where this journey leads until you follow it until the end.

Our interview was on August 12, 2013 at 8:30am, Lili was approved within 5 minutes.

I would say that the best advice I received is to visit as often as possible. They are very likely to ask that question at the interview and could possibly ask for the evidence to support it. My own advice would be to prepare the paperwork as carefully as possible.

Good luck to anyone who may read this in the future...

• Like 1

I hate when i read things and there's not ending. So I wanted to close the book on this.

Since writing this I went on the visit a total of 4 times during our wait. It seemed like it took forever since we waited through the CSC slow down, and some other paperwork complications including waiting for the consulate to move.

I have learned that on any of these forums there are people that are knowledgeable and helpful, people with their own opinions, and people that just cause you to worry.

I almost broke up with my fiance' because of the advice of others. Basically telling me there wasn't much hope...

So much has changed since i wrote this question, forms have changed, scheduling has changed, and the China consulate has moved to an entirely different location, the point is you won't know where this journey leads until you follow it until the end.

Our interview was on August 12, 2013 at 8:30am, Lili was approved within 5 minutes.

I would say that the best advice I received is to visit as often as possible. They are very likely to ask that question at the interview and could possibly ask for the evidence to support it. My own advice would be to prepare the paperwork as carefully as possible.

Good luck to anyone who may read this in the future...

Glad to see you didn't break up with your gal over what someone said on a website bulletin board. Like I said just above your current post, many people have had easy interviews even with the woman or man just having had a divorce either just before they met or even after they met, one fella divorce was only a couple of weeks before his girlfriends wedding..

YA done good, really glad to see your success. Ya NEVER let anything get ya down, especially when your goal is as worthwhile as this one was.

tsap seui