Any limits on mailing chinese medicine to the US?

my father- in- law mails us a box every now and then ,he send diffrent kinds, really customs can take it , so i think there is no legal limit,and i sometimes order meds from India, i save a lot of money, and a key note is that the outer coating on a lot of chinese meds contain poison, we were advised to peel the coating off on the pills, so this is about all i can add

Leiqin says that she can get any Chinese medicine right here in the many Chinese herbal medicine drugstores available.

Her sis has mailed her various things including antibiotics without issue.

If there's something in particular that your wife needs, maybe give us a call and have her talk to Leiqin.

David, Wenyan's ex sends her tons of medicine packed in with food stuff and other goodies. Never had a problem, never heard of a problem or a limit. He sends a large package, sometimes two, from Fushun every two or three months.

Thanks all.

This concerns the famous Tongren Wuji Baifeng Wan 同仁烏鷄白鳳丸, manufactured by Tongrentan.

We can find it in Orlando (and online from Hong Kong) but we're not willing to pay 4x more than what we should pay just because some asian market or online business carries it. If we wanted a small quantity then we might just go ahead but we want 30 boxes.

:rotfl: The ex-husband sent a few boxes of that stuff over to Wenyan when she first came to America but happily she is pretty much finished up needing that particular medicine. She hasn't had any problems with 50 to 60 boxes of different medicine sent at one time, some customs person would really have to be on the rag, so to speak, to give you trouble over a load of that stuff :victory: .

tsap seui

:rotfl: The ex-husband sent a few boxes of that stuff over to Wenyan when she first came to America but happily she is pretty much finished up needing that particular medicine. She hasn't had any problems with 50 to 60 boxes of different medicine sent at one time, some customs person would really have to be on the rag, so to speak, to give you trouble over a load of that stuff :victory: .

tsap seui

Except they are not necessarily for her :happydance:

As with all things in life, and as with this forum- It all depends.

It happened to us, so go figure for your self. We took a package to a Chinese Post Office to mail to the US. They said "open it....nope you can't send that and you can't send that...'

So, as with all these things, you pays your money and you take yor chances.

As with all things in life, and as with this forum- It all depends.

It happened to us, so go figure for your self. We took a package to a Chinese Post Office to mail to the US. They said "open it....nope you can't send that and you can't send that...'

So, as with all these things, you pays your money and you take yor chances.

Good point... but in china, the life is china and it varies by city... so it depends on the exact city and maybe even the specific post office... if one denies it, then go to another.

I would encourage members to realize that TCM has a very long and old history of application to life... and modern chinese are taught that Tongren Wuji Baifeng is for women... this is only a partial (but a weighted partial) truth.

If one cares to study TCM and know it's ways... one will see this is for the Endocrine System... both sexes have this system at last evaluation.

If your wife says this is only for women then she is a parrot of modernism...

Nonetheless, I would encourage men to go through a course of a month of pills.

I would encourage members to realize that TCM has a very long and old history of application to life... and modern chinese are taught that Tongren Wuji Baifeng is for women... this is only a partial (but a weighted partial) truth.

If one cares to study TCM and know it's ways... one will see this is for the Endocrine System... both sexes have this system at last evaluation.

If your wife says this is only for women then she is a parrot of modernism...

Nonetheless, I would encourage men to go through a course of a month of pills.

OK, but can you tell us what benefits you've gotten from taking them?

It is foremost a blood cleanser and a tonic with anti-inflammatory and anti-infection ingredients... The name part "bai feng" is 'white phoenix' as eating the eggs was considered to result in longevity (ie: think improving your blood an kidney functions and reduce any inflammation/infection--you will live longer).

It helps support the kidneys, liver, and spleen and is considered a yin tonic. The strong Licorice taste is from the root which is considered a great harmonizer of ingredients (it enhances another ingredient's function by balance them out). As there are 12 meridians in TCM, this actually supports really all 12 at once (think balance and harmonizer which is the most important idea in TCM).

There is a joke among TCM that every chinese doctor will tell you your kidney and spleen are weak and they are probably correct 80% of the time as it is generally true of the most people, even if they don't know this to be true.

Just research the ingredients:

Black-bone chicken, Prepared Rehmannia Root, Rehmannia Root, Chinese Angelica root, Cyperus Tuber, Chinese Yam, Ginseng Root, White Peony Root, Red Sange Root, Sweet Wormwood, Arisaema Tuber, Chaunxiong Rhizome, Gordon Euryale Seed, Oyster Shell, Deer Horn, Ovum of Mantis, Licorice Root, Astragalus Root, StarWort Root, Honey.

----

What did I feel?

There was a sense of energy (many ingredients provide this including ginseng, deer, horn, Angelica root, etc) and my digestion process greatly improved (Angelica root, licorice root, etc).

Anyone who tells you that this is only for women is uninformed.

• Like 1

The key is what did they list on the declaration for customs. Many food items and medicines can not be sent to the USA. Of course it will go through if not inspected or declared as something else. If they catch it you lose it. But most inspection is very lax and if not too much money it is worth a try. Unless you live in L.A. or can take the Chinese taxi/mini bus service here (cheap and runs throughout the western states). In L.A. everything Chinese is available irregardless if it is restricted or not.

It is foremost a blood cleanser and a tonic with anti-inflammatory and anti-infection ingredients... The name part "bai feng" is 'white phoenix' as eating the eggs was considered to result in longevity (ie: think improving your blood an kidney functions and reduce any inflammation/infection--you will live longer).

It helps support the kidneys, liver, and spleen and is considered a yin tonic. The strong Licorice taste is from the root which is considered a great harmonizer of ingredients (it enhances another ingredient's function by balance them out). As there are 12 meridians in TCM, this actually supports really all 12 at once (think balance and harmonizer which is the most important idea in TCM).

There is a joke among TCM that every chinese doctor will tell you your kidney and spleen are weak and they are probably correct 80% of the time as it is generally true of the most people, even if they don't know this to be true.

Just research the ingredients:

Black-bone chicken, Prepared Rehmannia Root, Rehmannia Root, Chinese Angelica root, Cyperus Tuber, Chinese Yam, Ginseng Root, White Peony Root, Red Sange Root, Sweet Wormwood, Arisaema Tuber, Chaunxiong Rhizome, Gordon Euryale Seed, Oyster Shell, Deer Horn, Ovum of Mantis, Licorice Root, Astragalus Root, StarWort Root, Honey.

----

What did I feel?

There was a sense of energy (many ingredients provide this including ginseng, deer, horn, Angelica root, etc) and my digestion process greatly improved (Angelica root, licorice root, etc).

Anyone who tells you that this is only for women is uninformed.

By "Black Bone Chicken are you referring to a silkie (used for women's soup? They are small and bluish black skinned.

I had pneumonia a few years back. It was serious and didn't have insurance. A Korean Acupuncturist friend made a tea I had to drink every day for 3 weeks. tasted terrible but I did it. In just 4 days breathing was easier. It was a simple brew of ginseng and deer horn. Not only did the job but strengthened my lungs so I haven't had anything serious since.