Filling out the I-129F

Hi, I have a few brief questions about the I-129F, specifically part B, regarding her information, the Part B section on the I-129F.

PART B

1. Should I go by what is on her passport? If so, her Chinese first name would be written "Yilin." I just want to make sure there will be no issues later regarding "Yilin" or "Yi Lin." Like I said, passport writes the first name without a space, should I stick to that?

2. Address - Which address should I go by? Her parents live in Henan, she herself up until recenlty was living in the dorms of her university in Wuhan. This year I rented her a small apartment... I guess common sense would be to use the address of the apartment in which she lives now, but as far as the bureaucrats are concerned, is there some other criterion by which to determine OFFICIAL address?

4. Date of birth - The date of birth on her passport is one month off from her actual date of birth (typical in China), but again, I go by the passport, right?

18. I wrote: "We met and were together in Wuhan from December 25th 2010 until July 2011, then again from September 2011 till February 2012, and finally from July to September 2012." Required evidence notwithstanding, is this what they want to see in this box? Or must I attach an extra piece of paper and describe our meeting in more detail?

20. Should I put "Guangzhou" here? Isn't that where all the interviews take place?

I'm also confused about the part regarding my own citizenship and the "through your parents" thing. I was born abroad and naturalized here when I was sixteen, so ticking "naturalization" should be enough, right? Or must I also tick "parents"

One more thing. If something doesn't apply can I just leave it blank or must I put "none" or "N/A" on ALL empty fields? For example, I've never been married before. Can I just leave that blank? I don't know what they expect to see.

Thanks for the help.

B-1 First name = Givin, yes Yilin Last name = Family Name Middle name can remain blank or "NONE" all caps to avoid confusion. Chinese technically have no middle name.

2 Address, I would use the address that her national ID indicates, probably parent's home, unless the rented apartment will remain her address until getting a visa, then use the apartment.

4 Date of birth should match between Passport and Birth Cert, so go with this date.

18 That is exactly what they want, no extraneous details there, just the facts.

20 Correct, however if you did put any other consulate not knowing it would still go to Guangzhou.

Correct if you naturalized at 16, you should provide naturalization cert #

(The through parent would apply to a case where a parent and child came to the USA, and the parent naturalized prior to a certain age of the child, the child would automatically derive citizenship through parent, or another way would be in a case where a US Citizen had brought a spouse and step child over to the USA, and adopted the child prior to I believe age 16, the child would derive citizenship through the adopting parent)

Hey, guys. Quick question. My girlfriend is going home this week to her parents. They live about six hours away, so we think this will be a good time for her to collect whatever documents we will need later on. Can someone give me a heads up which are the most important things she can get from home right now?

She needs the hukou for sure. Specifically, does she need any particular page or should she just photocopy everything?

By the way, she was born in a village has NO birth certificate. Will this be a problem?

Edited by Invictus (see edit history)

Chinese Notarial Documents - see DOS China Reciprocity Schedule

NOTE: If the link is broken, try
or go to
and search for "Reciprocity by Country" (they seem to change this periodically)

Most of the documents needed
can
be obtained from one of China's Notarial Offices (Gong Zheng Chu). All Chinese documentation to be used abroad is processed through the notary offices and issued in the form of notarial certificates. Notarial offices are located in all major Chinese cities and in rural county seats

The documents required are the GongZhengShu 公证书

Sample application for documents (your province or
hukou
may vary):

A discussion of the huji (or hukou 户口) system can be found at Hukou System. Chinese residents should go to their hukou for all notarial documents (birth, divorce, and/or single certificate, and police records). For the police record, one obtained at the hukou will cover all of China.

A notarial document will be in the standard white notarial booklet, have an official red seal, an English translation, and an attestation to the true translation.

If ANY document is unobtainable, you should submit a statement of WHY it is unobtainable, and what effort you made to obtain it.

You need to document what efforts you've made to acquire a birth certificate. Usually, when you ask for one, they will produce one from the hukou book.

The hukou book itself is not needed for the visa application.

• Like 1