The Paper work should be easy BUT?

Mike if I remember correctly a green card holder has to wait for an immediate relative visa to become available because they have limits on that classification of visa issued. An immediate relative if a US citizen has no limits of visas to be issued.

Others will correct me if I'm wrong but this is what I recall.

Mostly correct.

IR of US Citizens that qualify for immediate visa numbers are (Spouse, Parents, and children under age 21)

IR of US Citizens that do not qualify for immediate visa numbers are (Children 21 and older, and siblings)

Maybe were getting off topic here a bit.

It is NOT my wife and i trying to get her sister here.

Her sister ( My sister in-law) met a U.S man that lives in the same state as we do (Ohio)

The only thing we are doing (Me) is help fill out the papers if they DO!! get married.

Would there be any difference if she met someone from LA?

Only difference i see is one is on the west coast and the other is on the east coast.

IMO: If it where to be no differences east or west coast.

Then the idea of only one visa per sibling per house hold would be valid?

Mike, I don't believe it makes a difference where the USC. I personally didn't know there was even a limit for sibling visas in a household. I only knew that they had limits, and greencard holders have to wait for availability.

This is not a sibling visa, it is a spouse visa for his sister in law with a friend they know. In the eyes of the Visa officer this could look like an end run around the LONG line for a sibling visa. A SOLID spousal relationship needs to be demonstrated, to overcome this red flag.

This could be a problem only if in the interview the question was brought up about the beneficiary having a sibling living in the same state the beneficiary was imigrating to. I think the chance of this question coming up would be slim because the beneficiary is asked questions mainly about the spouse. On the DS230 there is a question if there was help completing the form and if the petitioner puts your name I don't think they would tie 2 and 2 together. If they have enough evidence of a spousal relationship as Don says I don't see there being an issue. Just my 2 cents!

This could be a problem only if in the interview the question was brought up about the beneficiary having a sibling living in the same state the beneficiary was imigrating to. I think the chance of this question coming up would be slim because the beneficiary is asked questions mainly about the spouse. On the DS230 there is a question if there was help completing the form and if the petitioner puts your name I don't think they would tie 2 and 2 together. If they have enough evidence of a spousal relationship as Don says I don't see there being an issue. Just my 2 cents!

This would be a problem if that was the case.

I'm only HELPING fill out the papers if the time comes.

The boyfriend/husband (If it happens) will sign everything as if he fill them out him self.

I'm just acting as a consultant.

I'm just acting as a consultant.

Now you know who gets in big trouble if things don't go right. :sweating_buckets: