The Paper work should be easy BUT?

Well i can already see I'm going to have GOLD thingies before i know it at this rate.

As some may know I'm helping my sister in-law and her new guy with the paper work I-130 ( Could be a red flag right out of the gate)

For the last few days i have been searching CFL for up to date info.
Most current (That i could find was 2009-2010) and most were White slips.
I understand the process is faster but is GUZ still saying NO!!!

This guy ( Sister in-laws future husband) is a very nice guy BUT lives back in the stone ages.
He is very smart and has a great job.

The thing is, He has a real problem with technology (Computers, smart phones, web cams and so on) and this is why I'm doing everything for them. (another red flag)
How he found my sister in-law in the first place? God only knows!

I could really use some help from current members and or the ones that just finished the process. don't matter, K1, K3, CR1, IR1 what ever.

I could also use some current info of front loading.

Back in 06 when hong and i stared this process i only gave what they asked for and nothing else.
We back loaded on interview day. ( kitchen sink,) and it worked, Kinda. ( See time line)

As i said most current info is from 2009-2010 and most if not all were for a INA 221(g) not a valid relationship.

I would love to here from ya all what is going on with GUZ now days 2012.

Thanks.

Mike

Mike, my wife got her IR-1 in summer of 2008. There was no issues that was hindered the approval. We already had a long history together with me going to visit her twice every year until we filed for her IR-1. We supplied ample evidence with the application.

I'll give you more details when I am on my laptop.

Thanks Chris.

Back in 06-07 i knew what i was doing.

Now today it's like starting all over again.

New time lines and approval and denials.

I just need to get up to speed.

They will not be doing any paper work (Filing I-130 for about 6 month or more) So i got some time to study up.

Mike

You may be right about the possible Red Flag, not your helping with paperwork, is more about having a relative in the states.

Petitioner having some sort of relationship to a relative of beneficiary already living in the states, can look more like using petitioner solely to immigrate quickly rather than going through the years long process of waiting for an immigration number, in this case F4 class (Sibling of a US Citizen). For example in my wife's case, to get sister over, my wife would have to become a US Citizen, and then file an I-130 for her sister, which in the case of China is taking nearly 10 years to get a visa number under the F4-Class, it would be much quicker if we had found a state side mate to marry sister, and then file a spouse visa petition.

Marc Ellis wrote some about this here: http://www.ilw.com/articles/2006,0323-ellis.shtm

Speaking of Marc, you may advise your friend to at least get Marc's opinion on this, it should be well worth the consult fee.

http://www.marcellislaw.com/

You may be right about the possible Red Flag, not your helping with paperwork, is more about having a relative in the states.

Petitioner having some sort of relationship to a relative of beneficiary already living in the states, can look more like using petitioner solely to immigrate quickly rather than going through the years long process of waiting for an immigration number, in this case F4 class (Sibling of a US Citizen). For example in my wife's case, to get sister over, my wife would have to become a US Citizen, and then file an I-130 for her sister, which in the case of China is taking nearly 10 years to get a visa number under the F4-Class, it would be much quicker if we had found a state side mate to marry sister, and then file a spouse visa petition.

Marc Ellis wrote some about this here: http://www.ilw.com/a...0323-ellis.shtm

Speaking of Marc, you may advise your friend to at least get Marc's opinion on this, it should be well worth the consult fee.

Yes i saw this one.

Petitioner having some sort of relationship to a relative of beneficiary already living in the states

How or do they know that she has a relitive in the states?

If no one says anything about it.

Marc Ellis wrote some about this here: http://www.ilw.com/a...0323-ellis.shtm

Yes i saw this one.

Petitioner having some sort of relationship to a relative of beneficiary already living in the states

The Chinese family book "Birth Cert" may indicate. And the interviewing officer at consulate can always ask during the interview, get caught lying and they can deny the visa citing misrepresentation, a hard denial to overcome.

The consulate use to have a form asking for family and extended family details as part of packet 4.

Best to expose this relationship up front "front loading" to USCIS in an attached letter.

The Chinese family book "Birth Cert" may indicate. And the interviewing officer at consulate can always ask during the interview, get caught lying and they can deny the visa citing misrepresentation, a hard denial to overcome.

The consulate use to have a form asking for family and extended family details as part of packet 4.

Best to expose this relationship up front "front loading" to USCIS in an attached letter.

Great! Problems already and not even started the paper work yet.

Will front load and see .

IMO: It would seam as though that only ONE family member can come to the states on a visa.

The other siblings in the family are out of luck.

Don't seam right,

Edited by NUWORLD (see edit history)

Great! Problems already and not even started the paper work yet.

Will front load and see .

IMO: It would seam as though that only ONE family member can come to the states on a visa.

The other siblings in the family are out of luck.

Don't seam right,

Letter should detail how met, through sister, and detail how relationship evolved.

Probably a couple trips over there to meet and perhaps a marriage on second trip over after plenty of communications between trips.

Need to convince that is a legit relationship, and not a way to get around the long sibling immigration route.

OK, I just found out some new info.

Long story short, Back many many years ago when my wife had her first marriage.( I'm the second marriage) it seams as though the family(Father) did not approve of the marriage.

So in return, Father had her removed from the The Chinese family Book and even though she divorced the first marriage and made amends to the family (Father) her name was never placed back into the book.

(Baba passed away before this could be done)

With this being said, IMO: like going to vegas and playing the craps, It's a gamble that the VO would ask the question about a Family member being in the states ( What are the odds of this question coming up?)

I know!!! Don't lie to the VO!

Just asking.

OK, I just found out some new info.

Long story short, Back many many years ago when my wife had her first marriage.( I'm the second marriage) it seams as though the family(Father) did not approve of the marriage.

So in return, Father had her removed from the The Chinese family Book and even though she divorced the first marriage and made amends to the family (Father) her name was never placed back into the book.

(Baba passed away before this could be done)

With this being said, IMO: like going to vegas and playing the craps, It's a gamble that the VO would ask the question about a Family member being in the states ( What are the odds of this question coming up?)

I know!!! Don't lie to the VO!

Just asking.

Hum? Nothing! No input.

This is a big front load case, need to be up front about being introduced to sibling, and the resulting relationship, need to tell this outright to USCIS in the petition. The reasoning is what USCIS knows and approves, tends to not be a reason for GUZ to deny over.

I would look over closely the Ellis article I linked to earlier in this thread, and in this case I would also contact Marc and get his input.

This is a big front load case, need to be up front about being introduced to sibling, and the resulting relationship, need to tell this outright to USCIS in the petition. The reasoning is what USCIS knows and approves, tends to not be a reason for GUZ to deny over.

I would look over closely the Ellis article I linked to earlier in this thread, and in this case I would also contact Marc and get his input.

Thanks Dan, I guess i will just ask you directly anymore.

Seeing we don't get the replies like we use to back in the days.

I will Contact Marc myself and take care of business.

Now i will go on with my rant:

The ones that know me will understand this rant.

The new members read and learn.

Back in 06 and even before that this process was a big pain in the ass.

It took 9-12 months and at times even more.

Our visa took 366 days PLUS another 90 days to over come a blue slip.

It was some what rare to see a white slip back then but it did happen from time to time.

Most of the time it was blue and pink.

Now today! From what i have been reading.

The process is muck faster.

This Is GREAT!! only to get a WHITE slip and this is all I'm seeing here on CFL. (not a bonafide relationship) This is BS.

Who are they to know more than the ones in love and what and need to be together.

Is GZ god. OH!!! wait. There are.

If my memory serves me right, I thought out great leader singed a order to make it more easy to immigrate.

I guess GZ make there own laws and rules and are above the law.

It's best that i stop and step back for a minute.

Catch my breath, have a beer and TRY!! to relax.

But Wait! I just remembered one thing.

Where does it say that a family member CAN NOT IMMIGRATE to the U.S just because there is already one family

member here already.

May it be down the street or across the country.

Where does it say ONLY one family member can file for a U.S visa.

Sorry for the rant but I'm sure there will be more down this bumpy road.

MIke

• Like 1

Mike if I remember correctly a green card holder has to wait for an immediate relative visa to become available because they have limits on that classification of visa issued. An immediate relative if a US citizen has no limits of visas to be issued.

Others will correct me if I'm wrong but this is what I recall.

Mike if I remember correctly a green card holder has to wait for an immediate relative visa to become available because they have limits on that classification of visa issued. An immediate relative if a US citizen has no limits of visas to be issued.

Others will correct me if I'm wrong but this is what I recall.

Mostly correct.

IR of US Citizens that qualify for immediate visa numbers are (Spouse, Parents, and children under age 21)

IR of US Citizens that do not qualify for immediate visa numbers are (Children 21 and older, and siblings)