Received NOA, What Next?

Bubba, don't touch the medical forms. Don't let the wife touch them either. They are in english so the people in the country she is going to can read them...lol

There is your get out of wifey's jail card. You owe me $5. It ain't a free card.

tsap seui

• Like 1

Packet 4 is medical forms, there is nothing for beneficiary to fill out, this is handled at the medical center.

The only forms in Packet 4 that are not in Chinese are the medical forms, which ultimately are going to the USA and need to be in English for immigration.

Yes, you can do medical in Shanghai, study GIV-8 form.

I-864 part 6 Q24, Q26, no proof of employment, unless you are currently employed by a US employer and are transferring back to the states, then perhaps recent pay stubs, and a letter from employer stating your job type, and status. Joint sponsor can provide this for their I-864

Just received an email for our interview. The interview will take place on March 20th. Still waiting on the step daughters appointment. Can we get the pysical done in Shanghai or does the phsyical have to be in Guangzhou? I'm still working on I-864 stuff. Does my wife need to produce bank statements for her bank accounts?

Congrats on the interview schedule. Did ur appointment letter state Interview Appointment is on March 20, 2013? Even if this said to be the interview date but actually this is the document intake, right? My appointment is 19th, the day before you guys. Goodluck to us...

Yep, the first day in the intake wiht the interview the day after.

I've already bought the cranapple and orange juice for the celebration party. You guys will be fine.

tsap seui

• Like 1

I would ask where step daughter packet 4 is and is same time as wife. Provide both case numbers in email.

Use email contact form here: http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/mobile/immigrant-visa-unit-question.html

I-864 question on line 24c our income comes just under the limit for household size. Do we have to fill out Part 7? Or is this where the co-sponsor comes in?

This is where the joint sponsor comes in, they are only consernerd with your income after you arrive in the states, your past income and the fact that will end when you leave China, unless you already have a job lined up in the states demands a joint sponsor.

I have a new potiential problem. On the DS-230 I mailed in I listed my father's address to send the green cards to. My dad has since moved. After the interview is there a way to change the address where the green cards will be mailed to? Or can I have them mailed to our address in China?

Bubbaaaaaaa

Fill out new DS-230 forms and provide them to the clerk at document take-in explaining the change of address

And file an AR-11 shortly after arriving in the states showing new address, this can be done on line.

Also if joint sponsor or your adress changed since making out I-864 forms, remember to file I-865 shortly after arriving in the states too.

Is it possible to change at POE?

You can always ask, if not then file an AR-11 on line just after arriving.

I may have asked this before but I want to make certain I understand it. On the I-864 line 24e: This person listed abouve _____ does not need to complete a I-864a because he/she is intending to immigrate and has no accompanying dependants.

My step daughter is accompanying us so does the wife fill out an I-864a? This line is confusing to me.

I may have asked this before but I want to make certain I understand it. On the I-864 line 24e: This person listed abouve _____ does not need to complete a I-864a because he/she is intending to immigrate and has no accompanying dependants.

My step daughter is accompanying us so does the wife fill out an I-864a? This line is confusing to me.

Nope, you are using a joint sponsor so that your income/assets do not need to meet the requirement to sponsor.

I-864A is used only if sponsor does not meet the income/asset level required to sponsor, it allows a family member to add their income and/or assets to that of the sponsor listed on the I-864 in order to meet the income/asset level. You are relying on a joint sponsor, so do not need to meet the income/asset level.

I would probably not list spouse's income/assets at all on the I-864, they are not USA based, and will end or have already ended prior to arriving in the USA, assets would have to be showen how would be transfered to the USA.