I just got a copy of the RFE they asked for, in it they ask for everything all over again. Which is not a problem but the small envelope they sent will not hold it all but is bar coded for the RFE, I guess I will have to cut the front off and use it on the mail envelope, is this common or has anyone ever had to resubmit eveything all over again for the original application?

They even asked for birth certificates of all my children from my first wife who is deceased.

Strange as it is almost like all was lost and asking for an original application all over again.

Should I include the 1-130 and G325a again?

I frontloaded everything so am wondering how they think all this they asked for will fit inside a small number 11 envelope.

Thanks in advance

Frustrated.

Paul

It's been heard of - the implication is that they're trying to resist pressure from the administration to approve more applications by sending out more RFE's.

Just comply with what they're asking for - include everything, and add more evidence, especially photos

I just got a copy of the RFE they asked for, in it they ask for everything all over again. Which is not a problem but the small envelope they sent will not hold it all but is bar coded for the RFE, I guess I will have to cut the front off and use it on the mail envelope, is this common or has anyone ever had to resubmit eveything all over again for the original application?

They even asked for birth certificates of all my children from my first wife who is deceased.

Strange as it is almost like all was lost and asking for an original application all over again.

Should I include the 1-130 and G325a again?

I frontloaded everything so am wondering how they think all this they asked for will fit inside a small number 11 envelope.

Thanks in advance

Frustrated.

Paul

Paul, , they sent my original application back to me, said I didn't give them my wife's address on the G-325 and I-130. They spent over $20 to send the entire 600 and some pages back. Each page had been scanned by them. The addresses were on a separate sheet that had been added and noted on the I-130 and G-325 as per their instructions

Stuff just happens sometime. Who knows why. I highly doubt it's any conspiracy against any of us, and yes, it is frustrating as hell when they knock you in the dirt like this. Just resend EVERYTHING. Leave nothing to chance. If you found you'd like to add something else, look at the opportunity they just gave you. In my case I added another 10 or 11 pages to mine when they sent it back. :rotfl:

Good luck, this will come together for you soon.

tsap seui

After my wife and 10 year old son, as well as many other Chinese women were treated like they were foreign devils at their interviews I realized this whole pile of crap is a joke. Very serious for us, but a joke none the less. Keep a smile on your face, never let the bastards win, and laugh your way through the procedure. Laughing takes much less effort than frowning or anger.

Thanks for the advice,

I guess I am frustrated with the whole request, gave them the kitchen sink, my application was over an inch thick. I sent copies of my passport pages yet they asked for them again. same as evolution of relationship,

One question I have, Can I copy things on both sides like e-mails? Single sided pages will take a lot of room and i only have one small envelope to send in more info.

Thanks for the advice,

I guess I am frustrated with the whole request, gave them the kitchen sink, my application was over an inch thick. I sent copies of my passport pages yet they asked for them again. same as evolution of relationship,

One question I have, Can I copy things on both sides like e-mails? Single sided pages will take a lot of room and i only have one small envelope to send in more info.

If you do two side copy set page flip to short edge, so that the reverse appears upside-down, they two whole punch everything at the top, and when page is flipped to view back side it appears right side up.

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad334/dnoblett/Immigration%20Stuff/ShortSideFlip.jpg

Thanks Dan for the advice!!

One question tho, they ask for my passport pages with my travels, I sent them all pages in my new passport which only deals with my travels to meet LiYuan,

Do I need to scan my old passport which really has nothing to do with this relationship but deals with all my travels since 2001.

Hope they do not need them as thats a lot of pages since i added to it twice.

Thanks

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

One question tho, they ask for my passport pages with my travels, I sent them all pages in my new passport which only deals with my travels to meet LiYuan,

Do I need to scan my old passport which really has nothing to do with this relationship but deals with all my travels since 2001.

Thanks

Paul

I would like to know also. Should I include ALL passport pages for me and my wife for the interview at the Embassy ?

Thanks,,,William

Edited by William Lee (see edit history)

Thanks

Paul

I would like to know also. Should I include ALL passport pages for me and my wife for the interview at the Embassy ?

Thanks,,,William

Only reason to provide all pages is if the pages have info on them that show travel together, and also frequency and length of trips to China and/or the USA.

Yep, be careful. I have a buddy that scanned all of his visits to China and apparently he had gone to China to meet with another lady before he married his current wife. She was asking me and my wife all kinds of questions of why he had gone to China before he met her. :sweating_buckets:

Good point, prepare your fiancee or spouse prepared to answer questions about visits to China prior to meeting.

I visited China once before meeting my wife to meet someone else, visit never was questioned in our case.

Yep, be careful. I have a buddy that scanned all of his visits to China and apparently he had gone to China to meet with another lady before he married his current wife. She was asking me and my wife all kinds of questions of why he had gone to China before he met her. :sweating_buckets:

hehehe, a wandering dawg must be aware of de-tails. De tail is for erasing yore tracks.

I kin jes see me tryin' to 'splain this one to Lucy....aiee ya ya