Air Fares to China.

The last few week's I have been trolling the Internet looking at air fares to China so my wife can go visit and they have been around $1300+ no matter what month,duration,airline or web site etc.

On one of my surfing sessions I came across a website called Skyscanner.com and I played around with it a bit looking at different dates etc. This site eventually found me a deal thru Farestore.com for JFK-HKG-GUZ leaving Dec 27th and returning Jan 17th for $1136.00.

Also around the end of December ANA is offering deals as low as $806 JFK-Tokoyo-GUZ. The only thing with this is that there is 20 hour lay over in Tokyo on the way there.

Hope this helps anyone looking to go to China.

How the heck you doin' SamIam? I hope things are good in NY. We may come into the city later this year. I'll try a PM and let you know when, see if we are anywhere near your shop.

On the plane fares I used to read all sorts of sites ookin' for flights but just came back to Travelocity and United as I only want to take the non-stop flight out of and back to Dulles. Just too old to layover or take a broken path to Beijing anymore. Looks like you found a couple more good sites to explore their fares on.

tsap seui

I used FlyChina.com for 2 trips, but my last and current trip I joined Delta Sky Miles. I was hesitant because all my previous domestic flights with Delta were horrible, I was a big continental/United fan. Delta seems to be much higher quality on international flights, and they seem to always offer prices at or below what I was finding on the 3rd party sites. Plus now I am collecting miles and should be good for a free flight probably mid next year! WOOOO!

• 2 weeks later...

I found the air fares to and from China have risen 10-20% as compared with last year. This could be caused by several factors including fuel costs, industry consolidation, general inflations, etc. There are a few ways to reduce the air fare, such as departing China very early in the morning 6AM, arriving in China at midnight, huge lay over time of more than 10 hours, etc.