Employment Verification

Hi Everyone,

I am working on the emplyment verification letter on company. I asked my HR department that I was looking for employment verification. Our company uses a third party company for this function. However, I think this is for things such as a home loan or similar.

Is this correct?

Do I need to go back to HR and ask for a letter and tell them I need a letter for a specific purpose of a K1 visa?

Any thoughts would be helpful

Thanks!

In my case for the I-134 I simply asked my supervisor to write one up and used this as a template.

Basically, your employer letter should state "To whom it may concern: (first name,last name) has been employed full-time with the XYZ Company since 200_ as a (name of your job), and is an employee in good standing with an annual salary of $XXXX. Signed, John Doe, Supervisor (or whatever title)" The letter should be on company letterhead.

The Consulate tends to treat the I-134 the same as the I-864 used in spouse visa cases and when K-1 adjusts status, they tend to use same evidence.

• Three years IRS returns or transcripts.
    • If using returns they need to be compleat including copies of documents like W2, 1099 etc.
    • Transcripts are free and easy to order from the IRS, you can order them online.

[*]Employer letter

[*]Copies of past 6 months pay stubs.

In my case for the I-134 I simply asked my supervisor to write one up and used this as a template.

Basically, your employer letter should state "To whom it may concern: (first name,last name) has been employed full-time with the XYZ Company since 200_ as a (name of your job), and is an employee in good standing with an annual salary of $XXXX. Signed, John Doe, Supervisor (or whatever title)" The letter should be on company letterhead.

The Consulate tends to treat the I-134 the same as the I-864 used in spouse visa cases and when K-1 adjusts status, they tend to use same evidence.

• If using returns they need to be compleat including copies of documents like W2, 1099 etc.
    • Transcripts are free and easy to order from the IRS, you can order them online.

[*]Employer letter

so any of those 3 requirement is fine or you will need all three? i got the 3 yrs tax trasnscript and most recent 2 months paystubs. do i still need a letter from my employer for my wife to bring to the interview? we are doing the cr-1 route if that makes a difference.

Edited by seafood10 (see edit history)

[*]Employer letter

so any of those 3 requirement is fine or you will need all three? i got the 3 yrs tax trasnscript and most recent 2 months paystubs. do i still need a letter from my employer for my wife to bring to the interview? we are doing the cr-1 route if that makes a difference.

For CR-1 it uses the I-864, and these are actually sugested in the I-864 instructions, however should be OK with 3 year's returns, and employer letter and a handful of recent pay stubs. Returns show consistent income history, employer letter shows you have a current income and will continue, and recent pay stubs should give a good estimate of current income.

CR-1 cases tend to send the I-864 along with the financial evidence to NVC if the I-130 was filed in the states. It is turned in at consulate of petition filed in China, and should also be presented at the consulate if you emailed it to NVC as part of electronic processing in the states.

[*]Employer letter

For CR-1 it uses the I-864, and these are actually sugested in the I-864 instructions, however should be OK with 3 year's returns, and employer letter and a handful of recent pay stubs. Returns show consistent income history, employer letter shows you have a current income and will continue, and recent pay stubs should give a good estimate of current income.

CR-1 cases tend to send the I-864 along with the financial evidence to NVC if the I-130 was filed in the states. It is turned in at consulate of petition filed in China, and should also be presented at the consulate if you emailed it to NVC as part of electronic processing in the states.

well, my immigration guy that i hire to do my paper work only send my most bank statement and only my most recent year of 1040 to the nvc. he said when my wife is ready to go for the interview, to tell her to bring my most 3 yrs tax transcript and my most recent 2 months paystub and my most recent bank statement. so is that ok or do i still need a letter from my employer? thx in advance.

well, my immigration guy that i hire to do my paper work only send my most bank statement and only my most recent year of 1040 to the nvc. he said when my wife is ready to go for the interview, to tell her to bring my most 3 yrs tax transcript and my most recent 2 months paystub and my most recent bank statement. so is that ok or do i still need a letter from my employer? thx in advance.

Here is what the I-864 instructions say.

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad334/dnoblett/Immigration%20Stuff/I-864Income-1.jpg

Guangzhou can be picky, they can ask for the additional evidence such as 6 months pay stub and letter from employer, and they can hold things up until you comply.