Any Smart Electric people here?

I have a question about charging items using a Powered USB hub. I got a powered 7 port USB hub when I was in China and I use it for charging my speakers I take to the swap meet. My question is do you think if I am charging 7 at once the USB power on the hub could drop so it is not charging the speakers fully or it will take a longer time to charge them? The Specs on the hubs power supply are

INPUT 100-240V-50/60Hz 0.60a

OUTPUT: 5V-2000mA

ÜÓ

The figures show you can charge three at those power requirements without increasing the charge time.

Gotta question this - wouldn't you need to know the current requirements for the charging?

The specs he gave are for the hub only.

The figures show you can charge three at those power requirements without increasing the charge time.

Gotta question this - wouldn't you need to know the current requirements for the charging?

The specs he gave are for the hub only.

The charger OUTPUT: 5V-2000mA

So, yes, what is he charging?

http://anythingbutip...charging-guide/

The standard USB power rating will be 5V 500mA which means that a device connected will receive 5V and be able to draw a maximum of 500mA (milliampere).

If your device draws the maximum load, the 500 mA figure would allow 4 connections because of the 2000 mA output.

http://en.wikipedia....rsal_Serial_Bus

A unit load is defined as 100 mA in USB 2.0, and 150 mA in USB 3.0. A device may draw a maximum of 5 unit loads (500 mA) from a port in USB 2.0;

At a single unit load (100 mA) your device, drawing 100 mA, would allow for 20 connections without overloading the hub.

So my guess is, yes, you're cool even without knowing the load drawn by your device.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

I asked a company for the requirements on charging so I should have the values you guys are asking for soon. The battery cells inside the speakers are between five hundred and eight 100 mA

AMP Freq Range: 200Hz-20kHz

S/N: More than 80 dB

Line input: 3.5mm

Working time: 4-5 Hours

Dry / Li Battery Capacity: 500mA

Battery Voltage: 3.7V

Battery Charging Voltage: 4.3V

Battery Charging Time: 4 Hour

Rating Power: 3W+3W

Impedence: 40hm*2

Power Supply Input: mini USB(5V/500Ma

So If I understand some of the posts from befor if the charger has the 2000mA rateing and the speakers are Power Supply Input: mini USB(5V/500Ma I can charge 4 at one time on this hub?

More than likely charging current will be in the neighborhood of 550 to 600mA so probably no more than 3 pairs on a hub using a 2000mA power adapter.