Chinese facial products in US or online?

TLB

Hi folks,

My wife is having a hell of a time finding facial creams in the States that don't make her face breakout and itch. We've tried pretty much everything and every brand, including those that claim they've "never" had anyone have trouble with their products. I'm starting to believe this is a problem with her skin, or adapting to changing climate (she's been here 8 months). But it's only on her face, not neck, arm, etc.

Has anyone else had this experience? Is there a brand you've used that works? And failing all that, is there somewhere you go to buy Chinese facial creams in the US? Online, maybe? The one she uses is branded "Isabel" -- she doesn't like it so much, but it doesn't make her break out. The online Chinese sites claim it's French, but I can't verify that (sometimes these companies are not really foreign, and sometimes they are, but they've targeted the Chinese market and use a name just for China).

thanks for your suggestions and experiences.

Tim in Austin

Try shopping in a China Town, it is a trip, but there is an extensive community located in Huston TX, About 170 miles, kind of what my wife and I do when making a run for the border and hit Toronto.

Austin: http://candleforlove...post__p__508218

Huston: http://candleforlove...post__p__585236

My wife has very sensitive skin. She's from Chongqing where the sun doesn't shine everyday there. She uses Avene Spring Spray to keep her skin hydrated and Est¨¦e Lauder sensitive foam wash. The Est¨¦e Lauder comes in a pink tube/bottle bought at Macy's.

My wife is very particular about skin care lotions and make up she uses, we gave up on finding acceptable things in the States and she now has her sister send her a 6 month supply via the post office. If your wife has friends or family that can do the shopping for her in China and ship it here, even with shipping it will be cheaper than buying the expensive things at Macy's etc.

Scott, I agree it will be more cost effective. However my wife has been using the Estée Lauder and Avene skin care products for so long now that she is reluctant to use anything else. It is what it is my friend. Just letting others know that the Estée Lauder skin care products work for her very sensitive skin. Thanks for the suggestion, I appreciate it.

Hi folks,

My wife is having a hell of a time finding facial creams in the States that don't make her face breakout and itch. We've tried pretty much everything and every brand, including those that claim they've "never" had anyone have trouble with their products. I'm starting to believe this is a problem with her skin, or adapting to changing climate (she's been here 8 months). But it's only on her face, not neck, arm, etc.

Has anyone else had this experience? Is there a brand you've used that works? And failing all that, is there somewhere you go to buy Chinese facial creams in the US? Online, maybe? The one she uses is branded "Isabel" -- she doesn't like it so much, but it doesn't make her break out. The online Chinese sites claim it's French, but I can't verify that (sometimes these companies are not really foreign, and sometimes they are, but they've targeted the Chinese market and use a name just for China).

thanks for your suggestions and experiences.

Tim in Austin

Tim, Wenyan and I have spent hours looking for similar products made by the same folks she used in Chiner. Same brand names just can't find the exact product she would buy in Chinertucky.

So....my good friend in Chiner....Wenyan's ex, just sends us what she needs, as well as different food, and anything else we can't find....LOL IT's good to be friends with their ex's I tells ya, and our ex's too.

tsap seui

Hey tsap we've never met in person but I've hung around CFL since 2008. I have read your stories and posts. Some I've commented on and offered my two cents as well. We're up here in Boston. If you need anything from here you just let me know buddy.

Thanks for that offer buddy. You are a helluva nice man. That's what I enjoy about Candle so much. There are many good people here and we are a real family , way more than just a bunch of guys trying to help each other get our women through the rigors of the State Department and USCIS.

Thanks again...cuzin'

tsap seui

I'm not sure what brand your wife used to use. Check the website of Sasa, very popular beauty products retailer in Asia. http://web1.sasa.com/SasaWeb/eng/sasacms/drive_promo/20120704_360Whitening/promo.jsp?cm_mmc=google000220&gclid=CPnLlL7UjbECFQk5nAodaXEP9A

They carry products for people of all ages, and sometimes offer free shipping too. Maybe she will be able to find the cream she likes.

I have sensitive skin too. I personally like NYR, which is a British brand. Their products are organic, and very mild.