travel visa options

Hello,

Hopefully, this is the right topic for this forum...

Thinking about a trip back to china with my wife and 1 year old son to visit the family. Also, my sister and two of her kids might travel with us for a first time visit. I need a new visa and of course so does my son. If my sister and her two kids go with us they will need one each too.

In the past I would take a trip to chicago chinese consulate and get a visa with same day processing. However, I am looking at alternatives.

what is a good visa passport service? Any suggestions?

It is possible that up to 5 of us will need visa's. I think I can fly to chicago for around $200. Could'nt I just buy a ticket for myself and bring all of them to the consulate then do same day processing? Has anything changed in the past year or two? If I fly to chicago I would bring all of the other's paperwork/passports with me and leave them for processing then pick them up in the afternoon.

Any problems with this idea?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Thanks dnoblett for the link!

It looks like with oasis visa service their charge is between $35-55 for each visa plus $19.99 for shipping of up to 4 visas. I might have 5 visas so that would be about $215-315. I added an additional shipping fee as I would need to send more than 4 visas.

If I flew to chicago I would try for same day service which adds $20 to each visa. I guess that would reduce the difference between these options by $100. Maybe its not worth flying for only $100-200 difference. On the other hand I would have the visas that day and would not have to wait for more processing...

Well, something to think about anyway...

Thanks!

Contact Oasis, I think they will simply charge one shipping fee for them all since they can send them back to you in same envelope.

Oasis deals with Chinese consulate located in Alexandra VA the consulate part of the Chinese Embassy located in DC.

I have used them and they are excellent, I think one time I forgot to sign a form, they promptly contacted me, and I email them the form signed.

I have used Oasis visa service also. They have done a good job. I have done the trip to the consulate method also but have also factored in to the lost of a vacation day and train tickets and parking and taxis. I found the visa service a more convient option. Have a great trip. Danb

• 1 month later...

Well, I tried OasisVisa service. Everything worked out fine. Me and my 1 year old ended up with a 24 month multi-entry Visa and my sister with her two daughters with a 1 year multi-entry visa. We had a total of 5 Visas so they gave us a bit of a discount. I had to pay extra for fast mail delivery service to and from but that was my decision. Mostly because of our schedule and when we all had our visa photo's and forms filled out, etc.

So we plan on leaving July the 3rd. and I will be gone for almost a full month! Wooohoo, might be fun? I haven't been back to China for over 3 years! We will hit Beijing and Xian to play tourist then zhongzhou for a few days. Maybe I can see the shoalin temple again.

Thanks for everyones help!

Have a great trip. Would you please tell me what you have to do to get a 24 month visa? What kinda of documentation did you have to supply? Danb

Check out this thread.

http://candleforlove...y-tourist-visa/

I got a 24 month with 180 day stay.

All the instuctions and papers i sent are in this thread.

@danb - My 24 month Visa only allows for 60 day max stay. The link that NUWORLD is a good one. We sent in a certified copy of my wife's passport, green card, marriage certificate and our son's birth certificate because we requested one for him too. They were all signed by a notory from my local bank and then was stamped "certified copy". If you call Oasis Visa service, I am sure they will advise you what you need too. I called them a few times as we were requesting 5 Visas at the same time so we ended up with a little group discount. :happydance:

Guys, Thank You for your replies. A couple months ago I had applied for a 12month visa for China. I had wanted to apply for a 24 month visa. But I had heard about the Lao Po's passport requirement at the last moment. At that time she said that her passport had expired. Time was short so I applied for the 12 months visa instead of the 24 month visa . Oasis Visa did a good job but I did have a problem. I believed that I called them once to ask a question about getting a 24 months visa.but I don't think they return my phone call. Thanks again.

By coincidence just a few days ago we were just talking about Lao Po's passport. She mentioned that she just got a new one. She showed it to me via the webcam. It was dark red and said Chinese Passport on the front of it. She said that she got it so that she could visit Hong Kong. She will be able to visit Hong Kong/Macau twice in a 12 month period. ( I think she said that she can visit Hong Kong twice and Macau once in a 12 month period.) Her daughter will be going there this fall for a year or so. What I can't figure out about this one is if that passport a special one only for Hong Kong or is a general Chinese passport that has a visa that is valid for travel to Hong Kong/ Macau. I am hoping to visit China at the end of the year. I was thinking about stopping in Hong Kong (having my Lao Po meet me there for a few days)and want to find out if we would using one of her two trip visit permissons to Hong Kong. I suspect that we would be doing that if that is a normal Chinese Passport with a Hong Kong two trip only visa permission. I think that Visa's...they can be a bit of pain sometimes. One must have the correct one or one will probably be sitting at the border for a long time.

Danb