June Interview Group (Common Posting Thread)

Dear CFL members. We've prepping for the interview questions. I'm being a hardass and not letting her fudge any answers like "oh you know the answer..." that kind of stuff. :D

A question we encountered on various websites that may ask is:

[7:47:05 PM] Alex Wait: Can you show me the proof of arrangements your spouse had made for marriage?

We won't be doing any of this till we have visa in hand. After that we can set a date.... is this bad?

Telling the truth and NOT making any changes simply for the sake of the interview is always the best policy. You might rehearse an answer with her that would include the fact that you will be getting married within the 90 day window and anything else you may already know. No proof is needed - only a confident and articulate response.

They ask questions (like this) to gauge the response - NOT to look for specific answers.

Awesome. Curious if it was some kind of weird requirement we missed. :P

We'll say the truth. We plan on getting married as soon as we can once she's here. So probably late august. :D

What are the DS-0156 and related forms for?

There is questions like "Do you intend to work in the USA", if so give employer name and address?

It's like she's going to be visiting? What should we put here? What about for "What is the purpose of your trip" and "How long do you intend to stay in the US"?

So confusing. :\

DS-156 is the non-immigrant visa application, your fiancee at this point is applying for the non-immigrant K-1 visa that you filed a petition for. Keep in mind the DS-156 was used with many different types of non immigrant visas, some to work, others to go to school etc...

We used this template for filling out the DS-156.

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Form-DS-156.pdf

Purpose of trip: Marriage and relocation to the USA

Intend to work: Yes With work authorization, employer unknown.

How long do you intend to stay in the US: Permanently

Hand write small, all forms provided by the consulate, my wife filled out by hand.

Jing's hand writing isn't the best or the clearest, so we've been typing all these forms. Is there anything inherently bad with that?

I would just use Chinese characters or Pinyin not both for employer address on the form. My wife fell into that trap too, and I got new fresh forms at the consulate, when filling out all the forms, my wife used pinyin, and the duplicate Chinese formatted forms we did not use at all, I asked the consulate about the duplicate Chinese forms and they indicated if immigrant knows English to just use the English forms.

Note there is no such thing as "English" address in China, the phonetic language is Pinyin.

Note consulate wants two copies of the DS-156.

Maybe by english, they mean pinyin.

Chinese nationals must also fill out Items 6, 7, 8, 9, 15, 18, 20 in both English and Chinese and must provide the telegraph code for their Chinese surnames and given names while filling out Items 6 & 7, which can be found at most Chinese post offices.

I'll let Jing know just chinese is ok.

I would favor pinyin, and especially get telegraph codes for names. The tele codes ensure they get chinese name correct.

For the GNI-2, can we type up the questions and attach it separately? There's literally no space to write. :(

If not, how do we attach the second paper for question #6 "list all places you've lived since 16"? Do you put "see attached?" and label the attached paper #6? Do we staple the attached? Just include it with it loose? Haven't read anything about how people do this.

For the GNI-2, can we type up the questions and attach it separately? There's literally no space to write. :(

If not, how do we attach the second paper for question #6 "list all places you've lived since 16"? Do you put "see attached?" and label the attached paper #6? Do we staple the attached? Just include it with it loose? Haven't read anything about how people do this.

Yes that is how it is done, also on attached sheet, note at top what form it is for and the question number it pertains to.

When doing an attached paper for the DS-0156/7/6-KEK do we need to print another copy of the form or can we use a blank piece of paper with the proper labeling like for GNI-2?

Sorry for all the annoying questions. Just a bit paranoid about doing everything correctly. :sweating_buckets:

When doing an attached paper for the DS-0156/7/6-KEK do we need to print another copy of the form or can we use a blank piece of paper with the proper labeling like for GNI-2?

Sorry for all the annoying questions. Just a bit paranoid about doing everything correctly. :sweating_buckets:

Ask away...of course Dan is the one answering you but there are no annopying or dumb questions that most of us haven't asked.

Good luck with hte visa and your futures.

tsap seui