June Interview Group (Common Posting Thread)

My opinion is a person's signature is their mark. Can sign the forms however is comfortable, Chinese characters or pinyin.

My wife chose pinyin signature, reasoning that probably will use pinyin when in the USA later.

As a side note when signing cards to friends I encourage her to use Chinese Characters along with her normal signature.

Jing is worried about the line in P4 where it says proof of residence.

I have sent her the following

3 scans of envelopes from the US government from the visa process.

A utility bill

Another generic letter

Copy of my passport with my current address. Bank statement scan/copies.

The one example they mention you can provide for proof of residence is lease. I assume this means my rent lease on my apartment?

I signed a 6 month lease when I first started renting this apartment and have been paying month to month ever since.

I requested a copy of the original lease agreement, sent it to her after scanning. She's worried that might not be sufficient.

Should I call tomorrow and have them write, sign and fax a letter or send a PDF saying that I pay rent month to month at my current address?

Thanks CFL! :D

As part of I-134 the recommendations is to treat it the same as you will later treat the I-864 use the same types of income evidence as you will with the I-864 when adjusting status.

• 3 years transcripts, should show USA address,
  • Past 6 months pay stubs, show home address,
  • Employer letter should show a USA address as your work place.

Can also attach copy of US DL showing home address.

Unless you are living and working in China, domicile is not questioned.

In my case, I never worked out of country, so the 3 evidences attached to I-134 were enough, all pointed to a state side job.

What you provided, is more than enough, and is more than what I provided.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

My dear Jing's interview is tomorrow. :sweating_buckets:

I've literally never been this nervous in my life. OMG. :sweating_buckets: :sweating_buckets:

I'm sure she'll do well. There's no glaring reason (or any really) they would deny us on and I'm sure she'll done fine during the interview process.

Thanks for all the support CFL. :gleam:

Holy crap.

Jing had her cell taken away about 9pm my time said she was "about to go into office". Sounded about right for paper take in time.

3 and a half hours later she finally calls me. She waited that long in line! She said there was HUNDREDS of people there turning in documents. Alot were people getting immigration "investment" visas. Also since K1 in a non immigration visa, her line was extra long since that seems to be the majority of visas given out there?

Anyway, document turn in is a go and "a done". Big test is tomorrow. :gleam:

Holy crap.

Jing had her cell taken away about 9pm my time said she was "about to go into office". Sounded about right for paper take in time.

3 and a half hours later she finally calls me. She waited that long in line! She said there was HUNDREDS of people there turning in documents. Alot were people getting immigration "investment" visas. Also since K1 in a non immigration visa, her line was extra long since that seems to be the majority of visas given out there?

Anyway, document turn in is a go and "a done". Big test is tomorrow. :gleam:

I think it's all one line. We were there last Tuesday around 9 to 10AM. The activity in the rest of the consulate was fairly light, but the document intake area was jam packed. I guess they actually do let people in the morning of their document intake day?

I guess they actually do let people in the morning of their document intake day?

I don't know what's up with that Randy. Then again, we didn't bother to step out into the oven and get into the line until 12:15 or so. Never a dull moment at the consulate and things change as easily as the direction of which way the wind blows. If she had to wait 3 hours, nah, that's still a half hour early.

tsap seui